Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 9:28:47 PM EDT
I'm considering buying a few of these lowers made by CMT. I did a search on here but didn't find much on anyone actually having or using one for a build. Any input from anyone who has one or knows 1st hand what kind of quality we're talking about?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm considering buying a few of these lowers made by CMT. I did a search on here but didn't find much on anyone actually having or using one for a build. Any input from anyone who has one or knows 1st hand what kind of quality we're talking about?

CMT? Isn't that Continental Machine Tool? Don't they market their lowers as Stag Arms?

Do a search, you'll probably come up with a bunch of hits!

As for me, I've built two Stag lowers and have found the quality to be excellent in all respects. Some of the best that I've encountered! Only problem that I have is that I'm one of the few that don't like the Stag logo that's rollstamped on the side. But that's only my sense of  cosmetics and it's not that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CMT? Isn't that Continental Machine Tool? Don't they market their lowers as Stag Arms?

Do a search, you'll probably come up with a bunch of hits!

As for me, I've built two Stag lowers and have found the quality to be excellent in all respects. Some of the best that I've encountered! Only problem that I have is that I'm one of the few that don't like the Stag logo that's rollstamped on the side. But that's only my sense of  cosmetics and it's not that big of a deal.

I too have built two rifles using Stag Arms receivers, the fit finish and quality seem to be superb, if not a little to the tight side.  I also am not real crazy bout the logo, but for $83 each, who can complain!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one on sale for $70. Finish is almost a perfect match to my bushy and I plan on buying several more once funding can be found for more toys... and a bigger gunsafe.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Hoffmans Guns in Newington,CT used to have CMT marked recievers till CMT went with the STAG Arms name! Great product, Silly name & logo!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I just installed a CMT UPPER and am very please with the quality. I have not seen their lowers,

but if they're anything like the uppers then you can't beat 'em for the price.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#6]
All of my Rock River lowers were made by CMT. No major problems so far, except for some variance in width over the rear takedown pin. This is more of an annoyance than anything else-it's tough to mix and match uppers with the tighter lowers.

Overall I'm very happy with them and will continue to use them in my builds whenever Colt parts aren't feasible due to availability or cost.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top