Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2004 4:22:31 PM EDT
Hi all,

I just bought a new bushmaster at the nations gun show in Chantilly, VA. I was surprised at how much everybody was orrering after the AWB ended, so i figured i would buy one  before it gets taken away again. I bought a bushmaster  Model#XM15-E2S   I paid a little over $800 after taxes and state police fee. Is this a good rifle, Did I get a good deal, (only came with one 30 round magazine, and the hard case). It has the longer barrel about 20 inches or so. The other one i looked at had a stamp on it "Restricted law/government use only" mine didn't, the sales person said it was manufactured just after the AWB ended is this true. are there any accessories anyone would reccomend to me right away. I am planning on shooting it Sunday!!! This is my first Assualt Rifle or whatever the term is, I own a glock and a baby eagle .45 and a 12ga shotgun. Thanks for any help.

God Bless America
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
For now it sounds like you are set.  If the rifle does not have any pre-ban features, like a flash hider, you might think about getting that done down the road.

But for now, all you need is ammo and more mags!

Have fun!  And welcome!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
does it have a bayonet lug & flash hider? If it does you got a decent price. He didn't rip you off but not doing you any favors either.
Good buy though
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
it has a tip on it with 5 slots about 3/16" wide and 3/4' long on it the 5 slots are only on the top half of the tip the piece look like it bolts on two sides at the base are flat for a wrench. I don't know about the bayonet piece it has a piece that looks like a real small anvil below the front sight. thanks for the replies. Is this a good rifle?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
it has a tip on it with 5 slots about 3/16" wide and 3/4' long on it the 5 slots are only on the top half of the tip the piece look like it bolts on two sides at the base are flat for a wrench. I don't know about the bayonet piece it has a piece that looks like a real small anvil below the front sight. thanks for the replies. Is this a good rifle?

Sounds like you got all the evil features and the price was right!  You did good in my opinion.  Now cruise over to the Virginia Hometown forum and find some folks to shoot with!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#5]
First off, from what you describe you have the flash hider and bayonet lug. Secondly Bushmaster is a great rifle. Thirdly you paid a good price. I've seen better deals but not that much better and on a new Bushmaster thats really good the list price on their 20" model is $995
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to ARFCOM !

My recommendation is buy a few more mags so you dont have to reload so much at the range and spend the rest of your money on ammo.

Go shoot it the way it is and have fun.  

Oh, and when you are done shooting come back here and give us a range report

LB
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks a million guys, i feel better about the money i spent now.
Later

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top