Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2004 6:22:42 AM EDT
Hey ya'll.  I ordered my RRA CMP rifle last month while home on leave.  The dealer emailed me and told me it was in.  I want to remove the handguards (just the handguards...not the FFtube) that are on it and replace it with my First Samco M44.  After looking at it my dealer thinks this will not be possible.

Has anyone done this or have experience with the CMP FF system?  What are my options for attaching my Surefire G2 and VFG?

Note:  I wont be using this rifle in Competion, it was gonna be a sort of accurized Colt "Delta" clone, but I love my M44 handguards so much, I would like to put them on.

Thanks as always!

JH94
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't see why you couldn't do it.  At worse you might have to trim some of the plastic on the M44s which really isn't a big deal.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey ya'll.  I ordered my RRA CMP rifle last month while home on leave.  The dealer emailed me and told me it was in.  I want to remove the handguards (just the handguards...not the FFtube) that are on it and replace it with my First Samco M44.  After looking at it my dealer thinks this will not be possible.

Has anyone done this or have experience with the CMP FF system?  What are my options for attaching my Surefire G2 and VFG?

Note:  I wont be using this rifle in Competion, it was gonna be a sort of accurized Colt "Delta" clone, but I love my M44 handguards so much, I would like to put them on.

Thanks as always!

JH94

The CMP FF tube is designed specifically for the A2 handguards, and in some cases, the perticular A2-style handguards that it comes with. It may or may not work with a 'rail system'...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Forest.......these used to be your M44s!  Hehehe.  Thanks for the deal man!  They were waiting on me when I got home from this sandpit last month for R&R.  They work great on my other RRA, I hope I can get them on this CMP rifle.

Dave...

If worse comes to worse, I guess I could just mount the handguard rail that comes with the VFG, and do something similar for the Surefire. Dont ya think?

JH94
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey Forest.......these used to be your M44s!  Hehehe.  Thanks for the deal man!  

My pleasure.  Glad they worked out for you.

If worse comes to worse, I guess I could just mount the handguard rail that comes with the VFG, and do something similar for the Surefire. Dont ya think?

I dont see why not.

But a little inginuty, a dremel, and a steady hand should be all you need
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top