Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2004 8:42:03 PM EDT
Hey all!

Thought I'd show off my latest "post postban" project. Took a couple weeks for the barrel to arrive from Bushmaster, plus a couple weeks to get film developed and scanned, but here it is!!

From back to front:
6-pos telestock from BM (plus rubber butt pad)
GG&G single-point sling adapter
Specter Gear (formerly CQB Soln's) MOUT sling (I've since added a nice padded section)
RRA receivers
Trigger group is BM w/ JP springs. Rest of internals is mix of RRA/BM/Colt I had lying around.
Tango Down BattleGrip
Badger Latch
LaRue BUIS
Eotech 551 ref F w/ Larue mount
RRA bolt/carrier group
Bushmaster 16" "Patrolman's" M4-style barrel w/ M4 handguards.
Trijicon front sight (w/ edges chamfered to make the tip narrower & more accurate)
JP muzzle brake

The ONLY thing I think I may change is the addition of a Jewel trigger down the road.
I was getting ~4" groups @ 200yds last week, 9" if I started shooting faster. I think I can do better as I get used to the new stock and grip.

The build was cake except I'd do one thing different in the future. I'd scrap the DPMS "Flipper" action block for a better block for the upper. Two problems: 1. You can't use it with the gas tube installed. 2. On my buddy's upper, torquing the barrel on cause the upper to bend below the ejection port. Had to put the upper in the vise and gently squeeze it back into shape. I had ordered a regular action block, but it was back-ordered, so I got this from somewhere while ordering other stuff. oh well.

Installing the barrel with "the flipper" :

I'll definately hang on to the flipper as it worked well to hold the rifle for small jobs, and worked fine for the lower since the receiver extension doesn't need much torque:

This was when I was filing down the front sight (with the flash suppressor on finger-tight to protect the threads while I waited on the JP brake).

Finally, my 3-gun setup!!
New Toy plus......
Mossberg 590A1
Beretta Elite, 9mm, with Trijicons, Burner Grips, EliteII hammer, over-travel stop, and an amazingly smooth and light trigger job by ME (and I say that having shot guns done by Langdon. I'm REALLY happy with it. Only LTT does in minutes what takes me days. But mine's better). :)

Thanks for letting me share!

rvb

ps. I'm hosting these images off my yahoo account... I hope it's reliable.

edited to add: fixed the photos [I hope]. Sorry for the Xs.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]
sssswwwweeeet!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:03:59 AM EDT
[#2]
WHERE IS THE PICYURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:K
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:04:34 AM EDT
[#3]
WHERE IS THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]
thats a fine post build red X
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats a honey of a red X.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:37:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Use image shack to host your pics.... its the best there is. No view limit, no signing up for anything, hit the browse button, and choose the pic you want to host.... hit host that and copy the the link and paste it here and your pic will appear.... wala
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:44:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
2. On my buddy's upper, torquing the barrel on cause the upper to bend below the ejection port. Had to put the upper in the vise and gently squeeze it back into shape. I had ordered a regular action block, but it was back-ordered, so I got this from somewhere while ordering other stuff. oh well.

rvb

Man, I hope you are kidding about squeezing your buddy's upper back into shape!

Paladin
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:44:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Cool, I was just trying out imageshack. That was easy!!  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:59:48 AM EDT
[#9]
how is the JP brake?  Does it direect gases away from the shooter or is like the bushy y-comp brake?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Alan,
I've never used a Ycomp, so I can't compare.
As far as blowing back on the shooter, I didn't notice it (except the range I was sighting in at had these foam-lined boxes you had to shoot through and sometimes crap would get blown back all over me from that).
Just a guess from looking at the comp, I'd guess most of the gas is blown straight to the sides, and some out the top.

rvb
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top