Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 7:47:33 PM EDT
Any ideas how I can put a sling on this rifle? I can figure out the back I thinkbut this YHM front site isnt helping me here. I would rather not change the hndguards or add a bottom rail. I dont like adding rails to this type of handguards. Always seems flimsy. Anyway any ideas are appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
fold down front sight and a2 rear? why the foldown then? get a regular front sight with sling loop and bayolug......

ill trade you my front sight for your front sight...... it has a sling loop bushmaster
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to Bushmaster and get a Harris AR15 Adaptor. Harris calls it the #5 adaptor. $19.95. Pg 56 in the Bushy catalog. It has a quick detach sling swivel included, and a sling mounting stud and two metal plates, one large and one small. You can either mount it through the holes on the bottom half of your handguard or the top half. Remove your handguards. The larger plate goes inside the handguard and the smaller one on the outside, screw the sling stud through to tie it all together and tighten it down. Due to the length of the larger plate the slud will pass through the 2nd vent hole in your handguards. If you mount it on the top, you'll have a top mount and it will not interfere with your front sight. Or you can mount it on the lower handguard and not have a problem. I just mounted these on two of our older patrol carbines which have the same front sight as yours. I mounted ours on the top, as we have M3X lights mounted on the lower handguard. This setup works very well. We have EOTechs and BUIS rear sights, but this should fix you up. If you can remove your handguards this will take you 5 minutes. Or send your upper in and have a regular FSB installed. Hope this helps you out. After looking at your photo again, I see you have a A3 upper. If money is a problem, I would put on an optic and a flip up rear BUIS as you can afford them.  You might beable to sell or trade your A3 sight/carry handle on the EE. Nice carbine, all of them are a work in progress.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
fold down front sight and a2 rear? why the foldown then? get a regular front sight with sling loop and bayolug......

ill trade you my front sight for your front sight...... it has a sling loop bushmaster

I usualy use an eotech on this rifle. I wanted to sight it in with irons and I havent got a flip up rear sight yet. Thanks for the great offer but I think I will pass.

Thanks for the good info XM17SBullpup, I will check it out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#4]
side sling adapter?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Tac plate at the stock tube and a single point sling?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's a detachable carry handle...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tac plate at the stock tube and a single point sling?

+1  I like single point slings!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's the easiest way. Forget about the stupid bipod attachment points or one point slings, that's ridiculous if you just want a simple rifle and enjoy your leg not being scarred from your barrel. Get a $15, bolt on, 1913 rail to the vent holes in the bottom of your handguard. Next, get a $30 1913 rail sling attachment point, attach it to the rail, and run your sling through the loop. That's it. The best part about this setup, it looks clean and removing your sling is as easy as removing your handguards.
Now, if you want an even cheaper method, use paracord and make a look through those same vent holes. Run your sling through the paracord. That might be a bit hard if you have heat shields, but provided you tie a knot to prevent your paracord from touching your barrel, you should be fine. If you have any problems with this, just let me know.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all of  the advice. I think I like the single point sling idea the best. Does anybody on the site sell those?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:13:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out the following thread.... it will show you what you need or could use. It is C4Grant's thread and he can sell you what you need.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=183768
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top