Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2004 5:15:28 PM EDT
Well, I'm stuck in a hotel on a business trip and found out I am 30 minutes from one. Do they have alot of AR accessories or is it more like Disney World with alot of nothing? I checked out their website and was not impressed. BTW, I was looking for ACOGS and ARMS mounts.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#1]
if you like USA brand mags, have gun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are 30 min from the store in Dundee, MI, then you are close to ADCO. They are a much better source for black rifle accessories.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Cabelas is definitely worth the trip.

Check out their gun library, check out their clothing selection - just check the place out.

You may want to hide your credit cards from yourself, though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Which one you close to???  you do not say.  There is a new Cabelas just inside West Virginia along I-70 from Ohio.   Think I need to go there,  though the Michigan one might be closer?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely worth the trip, but don't go expecting to see any goodies for your military rifles.  Cabela's is mainly an "outdoorsman"-type merchant.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Which one you close to???  you do not say.  There is a new Cabelas just inside West Virginia along I-70 from Ohio.   Think I need to go there,  though the Michigan one might be closer?

I'm in St. Clairsville right now which is close to the new Cabela's in WV along I-70, and I am afraid I will spend more money again

And if I was close to ADCO, I would spend alot of money!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#7]
A trip to Cabela's is always worth while.

They are neat stores. But they usually don't have a lot of black rifle stuff.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Cabelas is about 20 min away from me.  They are pretty lean on AR parts but the one in Dundee is worth the trip just to see all the animal mounts and, of course, the gun vault.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you are 30 min from the store in Dundee, MI, then you are close to ADCO. They are a much better source for black rifle accessories.

This is where you would go for AR parts, though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm in St. Clairsville right now which is close to the new Cabela's in WV along I-70, and I am afraid I will spend more money again

Go chek it out... they supposed to be a distribution center, and a museum there.  Heck, I ought to get you to grab me 1000 Berrys 147gr 9mm plated bullets, I suppose I could order them.... see if they got them there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I really never find anything at Cabella's that I couldn't find at my local Dick's or Gander Mountain. Sometimes Cabella's has some insane prices on used guns, like a post ban Colt for over $1500 (can't remember the exact price) last year...
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude your right in my back yard.. You can make it to Cabelas in 15 minutes.. It is worth a look see, but I have never, and most likely will never buy anything there, but I work in a gunshop and get everything at wholesale..

They do have some ARs, not many accys for them though.. Lots of hot chicks to look at while your there. I really didnt like the food, but YMMV.

Just get on 70 and go east till you see it.. You could go in the evening, and when your done check out Jills..
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Go to the both, it's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Worth going yes, they didnt have much I wanted, but hell, name something better to do.

How often do we go the gunshows and never buy anything, hell we even pay money to get in those.  Going in Cabelas is free.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#15]
The Cabellas store in Dundee, Mich is worthwhile just to see all the taxidermy work and huge aquarium.  Sometimes they have Win Q3131A on sale.  They have a good selection of cleaning supplies and gun cases.  But I have never seen anything tactical there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:31:21 AM EDT
[#16]
We have a Bass Pro Shop here.  I go sometimes to pick up cheap ammo.  Otherwise I stay the hell away.  "Outdoorsmen" annoy the shit out of me singly, let alone in a giant mob.  'Round here it's also packed with foreign tourists (why they need a guy harvey shirt in Austria I have no idea).
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#17]
cabela's yes, adco, yes yes
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I Looove Cabela's!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#19]
uh, NO!

they have little AR stuff

but they do have lots of gun stuff!

just go anyway, cause you got nothing else to do!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Cabela's is cool.  Enjoy looking around.  It's easy to spend money.  Not much AR stuff, but lots of other stuff.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Same experience as others. Good to go look and see what dropping a huge amount of coin can build you. Just do go expecting great prices on firearms - hey, they gotta pay the utility bill some way.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Cabelas is a great place to go when the weather is crappy outside, because you will spend all day there
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The Cabellas store in Dundee, Mich is worthwhile just to see all the taxidermy work and huge aquarium.  Sometimes they have Win Q3131A on sale.  They have a good selection of cleaning supplies and gun cases.  But I have never seen anything tactical there.

+1   The taxidermy at the Dundee, Mich loction is GREAT! I haven't made it to the new one in WV yet but it is on my list.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#24]
weekday mornings are the best time to go, avoid weekends. Thank you for shopping at Cabela's
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Do you like standing in lines at Disney Land?

Same thing.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude your right in my back yard.. You can make it to Cabelas in 15 minutes.. It is worth a look see, but I have never, and most likely will never buy anything there, but I work in a gunshop and get everything at wholesale..

They do have some ARs, not many accys for them though.. Lots of hot chicks to look at while your there. I really didnt like the food, but YMMV.

Just get on 70 and go east till you see it.. You could go in the evening, and when your done check out Jills..

ahhh, good ole Jill's, nothing like spending big bucks at Cabela's and seeing some T and A afterwards
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Cabelas is a great place to go when the weather is crappy outside, because you will spend all day there

Agreed,  get a buffalo burger or similar.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Go to the both, it's the only way to be sure.

+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top