Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2004 1:18:42 PM EDT
Why doesn't Cav Arms (or someone else) produce polymer lowers which look like the average aluminum lower (i.e. designed so you can add your own pistol grip and buttstock)?  I would consider a polymer lower, but I don't want a fixed buttstock and I don't particularly like their pistol grip design.   Very curious on this ...
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Vulcan/Hesse does.  Buyer beware, though.  Many have had good luck and some have had grossly out of spec lowers from them.  The main problem is that they don't take returns or offer refunds or exchanges.  If you get something out of spec from Vulcan (or their big distributor JoeKen), you are SOL.  Buy at your own risk.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe in large part it is due to the nature of the material being used.  Polymer material is more flexible than aluminum, and to keep the dimentions to that of original AR15 lowers would require a stiffer and more expensive material.  To use a pistol grip with an attatchment screw assembly would likewise require a stiffer material than polymer.  Such as the carbon-fiber used in the guns that Bushy is making.  

Different materials require a different approach.

Tex78
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Oops, forgot aboout that Bushmaster is making the Carbon-15s now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top