Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 8:03:25 AM EDT
I am trying to figure out where the difference between THIS Colt AR15 and the 'normal' pre/after ban rifle is.

Thanks for your help!

Hans

ps: Whatever this gun will sell for, $1,610.00 right now seems a whole lot of $$ for it!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Well it seems like I found the answer myself, please correct if I'm wrong:

This version has never been available to the civilian market before as it came out during the period of time the ban was in effect.   It also is marked as law enforcement/Government use only which makes it extremely collectable. So the only difference is the imprint done because of the time the rifle was manufactured in.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a "Law Enforcement Only" version that was not legal for us mere mortals to own for the last ten years (9/13/94 - 9/13/04) because of the AWB. Now that the AWB has sunset everyone (in non-commie states) who can legally buy a firearm can now own one.

The seller is trying to take advantage of the sudden craze to own one of these LE series rifles. Some people just have to have the latest and greatest fad, and the seller is going to profit from this. And the best way to 'cut a fat hog' is by selling in one of these auctions, where bidding frenzy often trumps good sense. This is the U.S. and capitalism is part of what makes this country great.

IMHO, these kind of prices will drop quickly once the dust from the sunset settles, all of the manufacturers get into no-ban production mode, and supply catches up with demand.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it .
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's a "Law Enforcement Only" version that was not legal for us mere mortals to own for the last ten years (9/13/94 - 9/13/04) because of the AWB. Now that the AWB has sunset everyone (in non-commie states) who can legally buy a firearm can now own one.

The seller is trying to take advantage of the sudden craze to own one of these LE series rifles. Some people just have to have the latest and greatest fad, and the seller is going to profit from this. And the best way to 'cut a fat hog' is by selling in one of these auctions, where bidding frenzy often trumps good sense. This is the U.S. and capitalism is part of what makes this country great.

IMHO, these kind of prices will drop quickly once the dust from the sunset settles, all of the manufacturers get into no-ban production mode, and supply catches up with demand.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it .

Yup!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]
$1600.  Ouch.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top