Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2004 6:12:18 PM EDT
I have a Bushy supperlight that did not have a brake installed.  A local smith installed a Vortex and it came out super.  There is sufficient OD that when threaded there is an acceptable shoulder for the Vortx to be tightened properly.  The only other additions were a Vltor modstock (wanted to keep the weight down and this fit the bill) and an Eotech.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking about building a RRA superlight with the same barrel; I'd love to see a pic if you would post it!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a pic of the "pre-ban" version of the Bushie SL barrel.  I love it!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I recently had a superlight barrel threaded.  It was no problem, but with everything, if yours is a bit undersized it might need to be sleeved or require another solution.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#4]
well when mine returned from threading i noticed that when i tried to install my fh using a crush washer it sat on the inner edge of the washer and outer part of the barrel of shoulder.

then i tied using a split washer with an a1 fh and when tightening the washer would just spread and go around the barrel

i think that if you use a peel washer it would work perfectly

i still had no problem installing my fh with the crush washer just had to make sure the washer was centered on the shoulder

so yeah no real problem in threading the superlight barrel

oh and the no-ban barrel has a higher shoulder at the end
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top