Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:41:50 PM EDT
i was wondering if any one has any information on the CT AWB. im looking at the colt leo 6920 law enforcement carbine, and would like to get one. for me to get one, would i need a special permit/ license to own one. i have also herd and i quote "Just out of curiousity, what does it say on the side of the lower. I live in CT and all of the Colt pre-bans are banned by name "AR-15, Sporter and Sporter II" are the names banned. If it didnt say any of those, they should be CT legal. Thanks in advance!" and the responce was "These rifles only say Colt's Law Enforcement Carbine." and: "Colt's Law Enforcement Carbine" is correct. Does not say AR15, Sporter or Sporter II. Marked 5.56 and has an LE-prefix serial number. Excellent rifles.

does this mean it is legal in CT, and if not do i need someting special bs license or permit for it....

thank you so much for your help with this!!

happy shooting!

bbr.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:09:23 AM EDT
[#1]
It can't have a bayonet lug or flash suppressor if made after 1994. Per the 2001 law. Without these items, called something other than AR 15 or Sporter,...........it is legal.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top