Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 4:23:27 PM EDT
Anyone have any input? Are they good quality? I think the real drawback is that there weren't any made into rifles prior to the ban correct?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
What ban?

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Sendra lowers WERE made into rifles, but by individuals.  I don't think Drasen and co ever made any Sendra brand complete rifles.

There is no ban.  That is over, dead buried.  

Now the Sendra is just another old lower, though they were well made lowers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Not in NY where the original poster is from.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I see from your profile you're in NY and still subject to the parameters of an assault weapons ban, my condolences.  I have a Sendra and am very happy with it.  It's a forged receiver and every upper I've ever tried on it fits fine.  The one problem with all that I have ever seen is the finish, they tend to turn purple.  I had mine reanodized a few years ago and it's held up great, so I think it was just a matter of how they were originally finished and not something inherently wrong with the receiver itself.  Here's a pic of mine, built up into a KISS carbine, a very light and handy gun.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I see from your profile you're in NY and still subject to the parameters of an assault weapons ban, my condolences.  I have a Sendra and am very happy with it.  It's a forged receiver and every upper I've ever tried on it fits fine.  The one problem with all that I have ever seen is the finish, they tend to turn purple.  I had mine reanodized a few years ago and it's held up great, so I think it was just a matter of how they were originally finished and not something inherently wrong with the receiver itself.  Here's a pic of mine, built up into a KISS carbine, a very light and handy gun.

pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL176/1171244/2214857/46812260.jpg

Well, they certainly loook nice enough, but the pre-ban status is kinda still up in the air.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]
True, but the same method of dealing with the rules that applied during the national ban could still be used, right?  The Sendra's were certainly manufactured prior to the ban.  In my case, I recieved a signed letter from the owner stating he purchased it as a complete rifle prior to the ban.  I bought just the lower with a collapsible stock attached, so it never lost it's preban status.  Was this good enough?  I thought so at the time and still think so, although I'm sure there are those that would argue differently.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:00:54 AM EDT
[#7]
You should have kept it purple. Then you wouldn't have an evil black gun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:37:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, gunner-1,

I didn't notice the PRNY when I first commented on no ban...

I would not have commented as I did if I had noticed.  You have my sympathy...

And, I'm reminded once again how glad I am for not living in NY anymore.  And I lived in the nice part of the state (central Adirondacks).

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL176/1171244/2214857/46812260.jpg

Can you post a pic of the other side (hi-resolultion if possible)? I need it for my receiver markings database. Blank out the last 2 or 3 numbers of the serial or I can do it for you. I have almost all of them now but still need Sendra, Palmetto, rocky mountain arms, VM Hytech.

I will give you photo credit when I post it here when it's done. Have over 150 so far.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Here you go!

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Thank you!

Should be posting all the pics by this weekend.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top