Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 4:03:04 PM EDT
Anyone know what optics system it was designed for?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Well a Aimpoint in a ARMS mount on top of the hump cowitnesses perfectly...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone know what optics system it was designed for?

The KAC RASII and Aimpoint have a perfect marriage

Old outdated pic of mine but it shows the main idea
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Quoted:
perfect marriage

Nice setup, even it is old.  Couldn't get past the oxymoron you used to describe it, though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
kewl, that's what I needed to know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#5]
View from the right side...

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Curious to see if your RAS II fits like mine does. I just bought it recently and after installing it as per Knights instructions I noticed that it has a little bit of play to it. Is this inherent in the free floating handguards or is it particular to the RAS II. I have a CQD vertical grip installed and when I rock the grip back and forth I feel the RAS shift in the front where the bottom handguard inserts into the top handguard. I can do the same thing by just grabbing the two handguards all the way to the front and squeezing them together with my fingers. Just a very little amount of play but I wondered if it was normal. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#7]
With the RAS II there is plenty of room for a ACOG also if you wanted to go that way.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Curious to see if your RAS II fits like mine does. I just bought it recently and after installing it as per Knights instructions I noticed that it has a little bit of play to it. Is this inherent in the free floating handguards or is it particular to the RAS II. I have a CQD vertical grip installed and when I rock the grip back and forth I feel the RAS shift in the front where the bottom handguard inserts into the top handguard. I can do the same thing by just grabbing the two handguards all the way to the front and squeezing them together with my fingers. Just a very little amount of play but I wondered if it was normal. Thanks.

That is normal for the area you described.  For the benifit of those who don't have a RAS II in front of them to refrence, this is the area toward the muzzle, where the lower handguard is retained by hooking (more or less) into cutouts in the upper handguard section.  The rear of the lower guard can either be retained by the force of the delta ring (like regular HGs for quick removal & swap to an M203), or secured by the clamp to the barrel nut.

This lower section will have some play in it because regardless of the rear clamped area, the front is only hooked in.  The one-piece top handguard should be absolutely rigid, as it comprises both the top rail (for optics/lasers) and the side rail. (lasers/lights)

I noticed this too the first time i took mine out, but not to worry, this lower section does not have to be absolutely rigid unless your using a laser mounted on the bottom rail.

Tex78  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#10]
double post
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#11]
So does the "hump" in the RASII take the place of the spacer when mounting an Aimpoint for it to cowitness?  I'm looking at getting a KAC rail system and I'm running the ARMS cantilever extension for my optic on my flattop.  Would I be better off going with the M4 Carbine RAS (KAC #98064)?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So does the "hump" in the RASII take the place of the spacer when mounting an Aimpoint for it to cowitness?

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#13]
ACOGs, Aimpoints, and EOThingies will all work.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top