Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2004 8:02:18 AM EDT
Can the small apature be taken out of the 40L just leaving the large one?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I suppose that you could dremmel it off if you wanted to.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking more of taking the thing apart and just putting it back with the large one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
You may not be able to do that cause I think only one of the aperatures is threaded.  The other just rides on the threads outside or inside the other.  It'll take someone that owns one to tell you this for a fact.  If there is no gap between the two where the connect on the threads, then youll just have to dremel one off.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes Yes Yes....you can remove the smaller aperature on the ARMS 40-L without resorting to cutting.

Here it goes:

Use a punch to remove the roll-pin that runs through the adjustment knob. Once this is done, remove knob (CAUTION: There are two detent ball bearings and springs under the knob, don't lose them) and use a flat-blade screwdriver to remove the "axle" that the sight moves on. Once removed, the small aperature can now be separated from the large one. Now, re-insert the "axle" and replace large aperature. Replace adjustment knob and re-install roll-pin.

This should take less than 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top