Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2004 6:20:34 PM EDT
If I buy a RRA lower and put a Bushmaster upper on it are the finishes going to match?  I have a Bushmaster 20" upper on a DPMS lower and the finishes do not match, but they don't look that bad.  The reason I'm asking is because I'm about to purchase two lowers which I had planned on buying Bushmaster, but if I can save a few bucks then I may go with RRA or Eagle.  I know the uppers will be Bushmaster so I guess my question should have been which lowers match the Bushmaster uppers?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me see if I can find my swatches....
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, Fulton Armory's lower is a great match for M&A's uppers.

Tim
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Bushmaster complete and the upper and lower does not match very well.

Sarge
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Model 1 Sales uppers and DPMS lowers match perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#5]
How about a LAR Lower and a Bushmaster upper...

MT
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Garanimals  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Which companies' uppers and lowers color match

Simple answer is none of them. Even if you buy and upper and lower from the same company at the same time, the chance of them matching 100% is slim to none.

The anodizing found on receivers is not an exact science. There are way too many variables that effect the final color. There is no way any company can consistently produce the exact same result from one batch to the next. Add to that companies like BM often source their lowers out to one company (like LMT) and then source their uppers out to another (like CMT). What that means is even when buying a complete rifle, the chance of the upper and lower matching 100% exactly is pretty slim.

I suggest you do this, order your upper and lower from who ever you want. If they do not match to your liking and it bothers you that much, send them out to be moly coated (or some other type of spray on finish) but keep in mind even then, the match may not be 100%.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#8]
NONE is right!

I have parts from COLT that don't even match other current production Colt parts.

I took a pic of my 5 AR's all together and the different tones of finish on all of the rifles is astounding.  I, however, couldn't care less about that cosmetic stuff.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]
My Olympic upper and lower match perfectly - at least I can't tell the difference.  I also have a seperate Olympic upper bought a year later and it also matches the lower perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#10]
My oly upper and lower, bought over a year apart. Match perfectly, and go great with its bushy
bbl    
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a RRA falt top 2 years ago and just bought a RRA lower and the match is real close....My SP1 upper and lower from 1979 match perfectly.

I mixed an early Eagle Arms with the RRA upper and it wasn't even close...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Oly MaxHard and RRA are pretty close.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top