Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2004 9:23:14 AM EDT

Forward Vertical grip that attaches to the Bayonet lug. Would work best on XM177 5.5" FH  types where the lug is closer, but also on SBR's of varying lengths.

would be very quick to put on/release, but perhaps a bit far forward for some. Just an idea.

What say you?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#1]
nope.  it will be way to far forward.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, too far forward.

But somebody should make a flashlight mount for the bayo lug
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, too far forward.

I  have seen one of these light mounts at a gun show, seemed cool but the price was too steep at $30.

Too far forward even on a 7.5" SBR? I was trying to think of a use for the bayo lug on rifles that are too short to mount a bayonet on.-
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah, too far forward.

That would be nice...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]
TDI makes a flashlight mount for the bayo lug

-sc
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I like mine as close to the magwell as I can get it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was trying to think of a use for the bayo lug on rifles that are too short to mount a bayonet on.-

Bipod?

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#8]
May put your hand too close to the barrel... It can get pretty hot... Or accidentally put your hand infront of the muzzle....hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Vertical foregrips are supposed to be close to the mag well to allow proper hand and arm positioning in a gunfighter stance.  If its past midway down a carbine railed foreend its too far out to be used correctly and becomes a liability and not an asset.  It does not matter that some people "like" the foregrip positioned further out for whatever reason... it makes the use of the foregrip result in an impropper stance and reduces control of the weapon.

I know a lot of people who "like" to lean their seat way back all gangsta style when driving but there is no doubt it reduces their ability to drive the vehicle to its limits in a controlled fashion.  Same concept.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Too far forward. Now if you could come up with some sort of bayo-lug ready flashlight, that might have some use.

EDIT ... oops, looks like NoVaGator beat me too it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I like mine as close to the magwell as I can get it.

Me too. Although I have seen them mounted on quad rail gas blocks. Gotta be friggin' huge to like that, I suppose.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I dont like a VFG, but if you put one it would have to be close the the magwell.  The front sight is too far.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top