Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 9:19:59 AM EDT
any one know a good site to get women n gun calendars???

bbr
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Just to reply on a couple topics on your post.  First, I haven't seen any offset scope mounts.  I would wonder how you would get a comfortable shooting position with a setup like this, nonetheless a proper sight picture.

A good option may be using the A.R.M.S. throw lever mounts for both scopes.  This way you can interchange the scopes rapidly without losing your zero.  Anyway, it's not like you're going to use both scopes at the same time.  Just added weight and bulk.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#2]
i wasnt sure of the name for it, ive sen pictures of something like that. but thank you
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I have seen some offset mounts for flashlights and the such.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Some of the 3 gun competitors will mount a backup optic or short range optic on the side of their rifle, usually around the 2 o'clock position, all it takes to use this 2nd sight is a slight rotation of the rifle and they suddenly have a short range optic to use.

Something like a higher magnification 3.5-10x scope for the primary optic mounted on the top of the A3 receiver and then a secondary optic mounted into the 2 o'clock position.

Check out JP Enterprises, they may have a rail.    I know they have a short range sight that attaches to the handguards in the position I describe.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
There's your answer.

It just seems like something that can be avoided by having backup iron sights with a see-thru mount.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]
An unlimited 3 gun competitor is a different kind of critter....

In their setting, such rigs are in many instances optimal if a person is looking to actually win where split seconds count.     It's where the term "game gun" really comes into play, you though tricked out 1911s with 20+ rounds of 40S&W with use 7+ port compensators were insane, get a look at some of the 3 gun rigs out there.

Though it is possible to do dual optics and not make it so jumbled up.     The Trijicon ACOG scopes with a backup Dr. Optic or Jpoint can be a means to an end that leaves a much more clean and useful rifle, putting the Dr Optic above the eye piece of the ACOG scope in a custom mount.    Works wonders.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#7]
where would i be able to find something like this, and what would the price range would that be. i really want to look into that. thanks for your input

BBR
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Buddy, post this question on the Optics forum and you'll get a host of options.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#10]
haha shit sorry. didnt think of that. thank you
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top