Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2004 5:30:07 AM EDT
I was on Magpul.com and noticed they had a number of the original USMC First Issue DET1 training magpul stocks in coyote brown for $165.
They said they had not been treated nicely, but were in good working order. They had dings, scratches and were numbered.

Considering the new ones cost $225, does anyone thing this is a fair deal, or would you wait until you had the bones for a new one. I don't really want the Coyote brown, but I could dye the plastic portion of the stock.

Magpul DET1 stock sale

Edited to add: I've decided this is my next stock, just don't have the cash yet. I hate the rattly little fiberite I have on my 11.5" now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe these are actually a special run of tan and not coyote brown.  If you want new, you may want to wait until the 18th when the Magpul M93A group buy begins on hte EE.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=197478
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, the shade isn't Coyote Brown but is a special color that was made only for DET1 and a few other people. The coyote brown M93A is a different shade than this stock.

I think it is a sweet deal since these are pretty limited collector's items as it is. The first stocks to be used on the first rifles of the first Marine USSOCOM detachment? That has definitely got to have some value on its own.

Add to that the fact that $165 is a great price on a very practical piece of gear (even in well-used condition) and this is a great deal. In fact, I didn't realize that they had any left as I thought these had all been sold out when they were first released a few months back.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:42:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, didn't know there was previous thread on these.

thanks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought two of those, I doubt you could go wrong.

One of them was brand new and the other was used, but not abused to bad.

Its a good deal and Rich is a great guy to deal with.

There was also a dealer in the EE that had a deal on the complete setup, the above stock with buffer/spring.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#5]
any word on why these were replaced?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought two of them, both were in great shape. I'm well satisfied.

I got mine from Paul at Bravo Company with the free buffer and spring.

He is a great person to deal with.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top