Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 4:49:59 PM EDT
I think I have heard enough of Kerry's shit and am ready to make the investment just in-case he gets elected.  People seem to be a little nervous about his plans regarding gun control.  I am new to AR's and need some pricing help.   Unless I get strong recomendations from others I am looking at Bushmasters M4 type 16 Carbine.  I would like advice on A2 vs A3 and which of the two flash suppressors they are currently offering.

What should I write the check out for?  I stopped by a local gun shop and he rattled off some prices for a few different bushmaster models and it sounds like just under 1k is typical.  What would you pay for the Bushmaster M4???  Are there any special taxes or is it just your standard sales tax?

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
good brand in an m4 type go with the a3. no there is  no special taxes its not a machine gun ,price is about fair if it has bayo lug suppressor and colapisble stock do your homework here and inform yourself.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I just paid $900 out the door for my Bushmaster M4 A-3.  It has the new Izzy flash suppressor and it came with one 30 rnd. LEO magazine.  Buy it while you still can.  You never know what will happen next year!

Grock19
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the differnce between the Izzy and Bird cage flash suppressor?  Also, please keep the recomended purchase prices coming.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
AIM SURPLUS

Has their Bushmaster M4's listed with the following prices:

Bushmaster M4A2: $759

Bushmaster M4A3 $809

This is the best price I have seen.... I would go through them if I was you.

Click on the link above and check them out!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#5]
You shouldn't have to pay more than $850 (less tax) TOPS for a Bushy M4 clone.

RE: Flash Hiders

The Izzy is a redesign of a muzzle brake Bushmaster put on their rifles during the "Ban Old Days"; it's supposed to be a pretty decent FH now.  The birdcage is the standard A2 and has done fine for a loooong time.  I haven't heard anyone tout one over the other, though I think the Izzy is a tad longer. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.)
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I would like to bring this topic to the top for a few more responses.  After tonights debate, if Kerry is elected, I feel that I should purchase the gun despite the timing not being very good financially.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#7]
" AIM SURPLUS

Has their Bushmaster M4's listed with the following prices:

Bushmaster M4A2: $759

Bushmaster M4A3 $809

This is the best price I have seen.... I would go through them if I was you.

Click on the link above and check them out!!!!! "

I called them today and they don't have the 14.5 Bushy M4, which is what I was looking for.... just the 16" s. I'll have to call back tomorrow when I have more time to discuss this with them, just thought it was strange. Great prices though!
Does anyone know of a dealer in Az with comparable prices??
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
AIM SURPLUS Has their Bushmaster M4's listed with the following prices:
Bushmaster M4A2: $759 Bushmaster M4A3 $809

Just be sure that they are not post-ban versions. Those prices are falling daily.

Eric
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:41:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:The Izzy is a redesign of a muzzle brake Bushmaster put on their rifles during the "Ban Old Days"; it's supposed to be a pretty decent FH now.  I haven't heard anyone tout one over the other, though I think the Izzy is a tad longer. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.)

The Izzy FH is the Izzy Brake with the end drilled out. It's about 1/2 inch longer than the birdcage and makes the 14.5" barrel 16" when welded on. It's performance is said to be a bit better than the birdcage. It also does a fair job as a compensator.

Eric
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:25:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I paid $774 for my post-ban M4-type, if that helps.  I went with the A3 upper just in case I decided I wanted to buy an optic at some point in the distant future.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top