Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 2:28:40 PM EDT
I was about to build an AR15 Pistol on a lower I have that has been registered as a "Pistol" until I noticed Olympic Arms sells their OA-93 pistol uppers as a complete kit.  Is their propriatery "Gas System" better or more reliable than a regular AR15 buffer system?  If I went with the OA-93 Pistol upper I would have to buy one of their lowers because my AR lower has the threaded hole for the buffer tube.  Oly makes their own lowers with that hole closed up.

Does anyone have any experience with the OA-93's???

MadDog
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Never touched one but I want to build one. I did not know you had to use their lower although this would make sense, I had been trying to figure out what you would plug the hole up with...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
They are the reason that steel core 7.62x39 was banned.  Oly is on my shitlist for that.  I wont buy anything from them new.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Is their propriatery "Gas System" better or more reliable than a regular AR15 buffer system?

?
What did they change on the gas system. I thought it was just the recoil that was different.
I have a OA96 with the fixed mag. I enjoy it. There is a screw in cap made that closes the threaded tube  hole up if you used a different companys lower.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Here is mine and it works great. just have good hearing protection and a high SPF rated Suntan oil on.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top