Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 1:45:32 PM EDT
Does anybody know who Stag makes lower receivers for?  I have heard rumors it is possibly Bushmaster or RRA.  I can't find Bushmaster lowers in stock for a new build so I am considering a Stag lower.  Does anyone have any opinions or advice concerning their lowers?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and it is by far the nicest lower I have ever owned. I can not be happier with it. No seams on it and no flaws anywhere that I can tell.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have one and it is by far the nicest lower I have ever owned. I can not be happier with it. No seams on it and no flaws anywhere that I can tell.

+1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I like them but if they got rid of the dear head they would probably get a lot more business
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I like them but if they got rid of the dear head they would probably get a lot more business

I like the deer head myself...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont mind it myself but they are great recievers at a good price, but the only thing holding back some people is that dear head
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Deer head looks out of place on an AR to me as well

But, does this lower have the low deck for DIAS like the Bushmaster lowers?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like them but if they got rid of the dear deer head they would probably get a lot more business

I dont mind it myself but they are great recievers at a good price, but the only thing holding back some people is that dear deer head

I know what you mean, I personaly think they "My Little Pony" logo on Colt is gay myself.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I was told that Continental Machine and Tool make "Stag Arms" lowers--Stag is their retail presence and that they are making lowers for RRA and perhaps Bushmaster, though NDAs prevent CMT from divulging exaclty who they deal with.  

I have one and it is really nice.  And it was only $139 without a stock assembly but with the other internals.  

I recommend them highly.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree. The Stag Lowers are defineley the nicest lowers, fit and finish.I own several  and am very happy with them. I would reccomend thses lowers to anyone.

Edit: I also like the deer head
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:28:17 AM EDT
[#11]
The deer head is critical.  How else will we show the masses that our rifles are "sporting?"  Why, by putting a deer head on them, we make them look nice and cute.  In fact, they should put a Bambi head on the side, not a Stag..

(I have two Stag Arms stripped lowers that I haven't had a chance to build up yet.  Sigh.  Someone send me some money.)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top