Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 10:12:08 AM EDT
Hey folks quick question, I really like the RRA elite CAR A4 with one exception, it ways 8.4 lbs!  Is there a way to slim this down (different barrel choice, etc)?  What would you recommend to get similar features in a lighter carbine?

Thanks in advance

Bradinnm

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#1]
make sure you just get light underneath the handguards...

head over to ADCO and pic the barrel you want...

get it gov. profile and get it chromelined... you have yoru choice of 14.5 carbine/midlength and 16" carbine/midlength

it'll lighten the gun up considerabely
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Is there a reason you want the tactical carry handle, i.e. raised flattop w/ integrated sight? I first bought mine like that, then found out too late that I had absolutely no use for it. Finally swapped it out for detach A2 carry handle. You can save weight by going w/ straight A4 and using a detachable or folding rear sight. What are you going to be using the gun for?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Good point, I guess I would be better off with a flat top A4 with an ARMS40 or something.  I would be using it for paper target shooting, plinking, HD, etc.  My point is that I like the look and idea of the RRA mid-length hand guard weapons, but would like a light carbine.

Bradinnm
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Call Rock River and tell them what you want. They should be able to set one up for you any way you want, especially if you're ordering it.  Basically you start with their CAR A4 and then add what extras you want (stock, forearm, carry handle, grips, fs, whatever...). It's like Legos for adults... if you don't like the current configuration, just change pieces.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:24:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Armalite also makes that set up.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top