Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2004 7:45:23 PM EDT
After a few emails back and forth with Ebay about their AR15 policy, I think I have it more or less figured out.

You can not sell anything that is listed for an "AR-15" or "M-16".  

However, you can list something that is listed for a specific model of gun which is not thought of by Ebay as an "assault rifle".  For example: Olympic Arms PCR-97.  

"Magazine for Olympic Arms PCR-97" was specifically cleared by Ebay as OK, since they don't consider an Oympic Arm PCR-97 as an assault weapon.  

What you can not list: "Bushmaster", "Colt", "Armalite", "DPMS", etc., without specific post-ban model numbers.  For example, a "Colt Sporter" is probably OK.  I had an auction cut because I referred to "Bushmaster" without a specific model.  "Bushmaster was known to make some assault rifles", said the customer service rep.  "You have to name the model."

Now, why would you want to bother, if Ebay is such a pain in the @ss?  Just because they have so many customers.  Otherwise, I would just stick to GunBroker.

See email cut-n-paste below:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write eBay with your concerns. I'm
happy to help you further.

Your item was not removed for the reference to PCR-97, it was removed
for referencing Bushmaster rifles.  As Bushmaster is known to have
produced many assault weapons, if sellers reference Bushmaster they must
state the model number in order to make it clear that the item is not an
assault weapon.

You may review this policy on the following link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms.html

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Jake

And

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write eBay with your concerns. I'm
happy to help you further.

You may relist your item in this manner. The Olympic Arms PCR-97 is not
considered to be an assault weapon at this time.
We appreciate the fact
that you have asked before relisting your item with us.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Jade
eBay Community Watch

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Ebay. I am sick of all of this pussy whining bullshit! Ebay and paypal can go to hell. I have given them my money for years and now they pull this crap. Sell your stuff here on the EE, it's free and you wont have to deal with so many idiots.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
exactly, fuck ebay.

If they spent a fraction of their effort towards fraud (very rampant on ebay), there would be no frauds on ebay.  But instead they decide to hassle law abiding, legitimate gun owners from selling 100% legal parts.  screw them, I hope they go out of business one day.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
+1  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
There they go again - calling a semiautomatic rifle an "Assault Rifle" again.  Last I looked Bushy did not sell complete selective fire weapons.

eBay is ate up from the neck up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Diane Feinschwein was on the eBay board of directors.

I am chagrined that AR15.com itself uses Paypal, an eBay product.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I posted a CQB solutions chest rig on there and had the word AR15 in my post and the closed my auction.  I went back and forth with them on it and then realized that they are a bunch of fucking hippies and it was not worth it.  Thankfully the EE board on AR15 exists to sell to other like minded folks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:38:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Bwahaha!!!  Ebay requires you to even have "post-ban" wording.  No using the word "Bushmaster," but you can type in "PCR" for the same damn class of items.  Hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:14:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Fuck Ebay. I am sick of all of this pussy whining bullshit! Ebay and paypal can go to hell. I have given them my money for years and now they pull this crap. Sell your stuff here on the EE, it's free and you wont have to deal with so many idiots.

Can I get an AMEN to that!

I couldn't have said it better.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:19:28 AM EDT
[#8]
A little personal story, I was selling a stock and barrel for a ruger and I put a pic of the barrel and stock mounted on the receiver on the auction page, not on the gallery ad; and those a$$holes pulled my auction TWICE!!! and I was getting good bids too.  THe Title clearly read Barrel & Stock and had a gallery picture of a barrel and stock!

Conclusion, is that Ebay is run by a bunch of liberal hippy dot com dumfuks, whom really really don't like guns.  My auction was quite clear, I just think they were harrasing me on purpose; screw them!  I hear overstock.com is taking ebay on, good for them!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:35:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Fuck Ebay.

Well said.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a bunch of auctions closed because I was selling some molle pouches on ebay.  Apparently they are considered an assault weapon accessory.  I relisted every single one of them and added the word "airsoft" to the title and sold every single one.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I was curious about the matter but are you saying that eBay is still not allowing assualt rifle related auctions even after the sunset of the AWB??
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:02:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck Ebay and the Bitch that runs it too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:20:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was curious about the matter but are you saying that eBay is still not allowing assualt rifle related auctions even after the sunset of the AWB??

basically the AWB didn't sunset in the STATE that they're based in, that state just happend to be California so they're still using that for the definition of "assault weapon".  that said, even CA doesn't restrict the sale of so called "parts" that can be used on assault weapons  Ebay is dumb and they think they are so good they can come up with rules stricter than the federal and state for their own little agenda.  The best we can do is simply stop using their service, not just for gun parts, but for everything else.  If enough of us do it, maybe they'll get a picture.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:24:56 AM EDT
[#14]
be nice if we could do auctions on the ee.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:34:14 AM EDT
[#15]
After getting an auction tossed and exchanged a few mails, I finally asked for someone in the upper mgmt. to please define an "assault weapon".  Of course I got no reply because the morons don`t know!

Steve
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Class action lawsuit anyone?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Fuck Ebay

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck Ebay

Chuck? Is that you?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top