Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 7:17:53 PM EDT
I'm sure this is a dupe thread, but I cannot find a thread abut this.

Basically this is a modified lower that takes AK mags and you use a 7.62 AR upper.

Also, anyone actually have this set up that can provide any user information on performance.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Its made by Spshul Wippenz. it has a better rep than most Special Weapons products though, I know of several satisfied customers. Buy the reciever stripped and add your own components for best results. Alexander Arms sells 5.45 Soviet uppers, if you like that flavor.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#2]
SW AR-47:

I like mine, 450rds through it so far & no FTE or FTF's. Shot both Wolf & Barnaul.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its made by Spshul Wippenz. it has a better rep than most Special Weapons products though, I know of several satisfied customers. Buy the reciever stripped and add your own components for best results. Alexander Arms sells 5.45 Soviet uppers, if you like that flavor.

Oh oh, if it is made by Spshul Wippennz that is pretty much akin to having the writing "front towards enemy" looking you in the face..........

THanks for the info. I think, I'll avoid the land mine. Even with the "improved" notice, thatcompany is too risky.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
SW AR-47:

www.fototime.com/{9889B1E7-F471-455C-99D1-F2B101B17EBA}/picture.JPG

I like mine, 450rds through it so far & no FTE or FTF's. Shot both Wolf & Barnaul.

Did  you do the build yourself? Is this lower  from Special Weapons?

Maybe with most of the operating mechanism hndled by someone else as long as the lower works it would be OK.

Thanks for any additional information. SW has a poor reputation in the industry. Good to hear someone is has a winner.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SW AR-47:

www.fototime.com/{9889B1E7-F471-455C-99D1-F2B101B17EBA}/picture.JPG

Did  you do the build yourself? Is this lower  from Special Weapons?

Maybe with most of the operating mechanism hndled by someone else as long as the lower works it would be OK.

Thanks for any additional information. SW has a poor reputation in the industry. Good to hear someone is has a winner.

I bought mine as an assembled rifle off Gunbroker from a dealer in AZ (nearby Mesa where SW is from). The upper is made by DPMS. The critical thing is how the upper is modified, if done by a knowledgable gunsmith you shouldn't have any problems. I know SW has a bad reputation but I'm happy with mine.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh oh, if it is made by Spshul Wippennz that is pretty much akin to having the writing "front towards enemy" looking you in the face..........

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Knight's Manufacturing also made one.

SR-47
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:18:36 AM EDT
[#8]
not special weapons

www.ar47.com
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:15:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
not special weapons

www.ar47.com

Anyone else have any experience with these?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
not special weapons

www.ar47.com

That is the Special Weapons lower.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Knight's Manufacturing also made one.

SR-47
img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/darowden/SR47.jpg

Those are cool but only a handful were produced, full auto for the military w/suppressors. None for us civilian peons.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok who actually owns one of these lowers and can comment on first hand Info. And where can you buy them ?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top