Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 12:14:51 PM EDT
Anyone make a 9mm pistol upper?  I checked just about everyone's website and couldn't find anything.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out 9mmar15.com they have some small uppers.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I just put one together using a virgin receiver and a M4 DOE 9mm upper (colt-style) from Mike @ TSC.

Note that the "pistol buffer assembly" available from places like Model 1 won't work with a colt-style 9mm bolt (since the bolt is solid in the rear).  Thus, you'll likely want to use a carbine length receiver extension, which really adds to the overall size of the "pistol," i.e., you won't be putting it in any holsters.

I'm primarily doing this for fun and as a (legal) place to park the short 9mm upper when it isn't on my M16.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just put one together using a virgin receiver and a M4 DOE 9mm upper (colt-style) from Mike @ TSC.

Note that the "pistol buffer assembly" available from places like Model 1 won't work with a colt-style 9mm bolt (since the bolt is solid in the rear).  Thus, you'll likely want to use a carbine length receiver extension, which really adds to the overall size of the "pistol," i.e., you won't be putting it in any holsters.

I'm primarily doing this for fun and as a (legal) place to park the short 9mm upper when it isn't on my M16.

Joe

Have any pictures?

Who is this Mike @ TSC?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Mike @ TSC is a member here - if you look around you can find some of his posts and some posts about his stuff.  His member name here at ar15.com is TSC_CO

Below is a pic of my not-yet-completed 9mm pistol.  I'm still waiting on a mag block, some colt 32 round mags, and an EOTech sight.  As I mentioned in my post above, it's a bit big and none too lightweight.  I discovered that the standard pistol buffer assembly would not work with the colt 9mm setup, so I went with a carbine length receiver extension and a receiver gusset to hold in the takedown detent stuff.  Both the extension and the gusset were purchased from Ace Stocks.  Could also just use a standard extension for a collapsible stock, but that seemed a little too close to an SBR for my liking.

http://www.ioka.net/pics/ar159mm1.jpg

The pic below shows the pistol with my 3-lug 9mm suppressor attached.  

http://www.ioka.net/pics/ar159mm2.jpg

Joe
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone make a 9mm pistol upper?  I checked just about everyone's website and couldn't find anything.

Olympic Arms

www.olyarms.com

(Plus, their 9mm system works with cheap STEN mags)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Who is this Mike @ TSC?

He is a fella in VA that makes nice 9mm uppers and barrels from blank for people.

He posts in the pistol/rimfire forum occassionally, checks in a couple times a week.  He also posts at subguns.com on the NFA board.

Should be able to get him at [email protected], if it is wrong, IM me with the URL to this thread and I will try to correct it or remove the address.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top