Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2004 8:44:55 AM EDT
I had Three Colt rifles. Two Preban and one post.  The key thing here is "had them."  I sold all of them.  I now only own Bushmaster.  The Colts would jam, Trigger would stick, and accuracy is soso.  Plus, My Dept has the Colt 9mm Subguns.  Most of the SWAT officers report the occasional jam.  That is not good in a LEO situation.  The company stopped caring about the civilian market over 15 years ago.  HELL- Clinton allowed them to sell to more over sees markets, They don't need us any moore.   My bushys have never jammed. gave me better accuracy, and never had a trigger stick.  Plus< Bushmaster will answer the call of what the civilian wants.  Try getting COLT to do that.

Several co-workers of mine were in the Military in the middle 80's, they fought with other solders to have the Bushys over the colts.  

Give me some feedback, what do you think?   I am only going by my experiences.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I never had trouble with my Colt. It was by far the most reliable AR I ever had.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had Three Colt rifles. Two Preban and one post.  The key thing here is "had them."  I sold all of them.  I now only own Bushmaster.  The Colts would jam, Trigger would stick, and accuracy is soso.  Plus, My Dept has the Colt 9mm Subguns.  Most of the SWAT officers report the occasional jam.  That is not good in a LEO situation.  The company stopped caring about the civilian market over 15 years ago.  HELL- Clinton allowed them to sell to more over sees markets, They don't need us any moore.   My bushys have never jammed. gave me better accuracy, and never had a trigger stick.  Plus< Bushmaster will answer the call of what the civilian wants.  Try getting COLT to do that.

Several co-workers of mine were in the Military in the middle 80's, they fought with other solders to have the Bushys over the colts.  

I think your full of shit, and the word troll comes up
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought my first Colt AR-15 in 1980 and still have it.  In all these years it has never jammed, never failed to fire, and never failed to extract.  Like anything else, if properly maintained it works as advertised.  

Seems to be a lot of Colt bashing that goes on here but I have two Colt AR-15s and have had several 1911 pistols over the years and have never had a single problem.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
This guy's name should be trollgun

I'll bet that this guy isn't LE. Sounds like another Mall Ninja to me!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#6]
if it ain't a "COLT" , It's just a copy....   Trollboy.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#7]
First, I resent the label.  My experiences are my experiences.  I'm new to this sight.... guess I misunderstood the foundation for AR-15.com.  I wasn't aware it was dedicated to Bushmaster only.        
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Get Fucked, TROLL!  

How's that for your feed back?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I don't care for Colt (business, not guns), and although I know that military Bushmasters did or do exist I have yet to see one in 11 years of military service, much less knew anyone else that did. I could be wrong though... it happens alot to me
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#10]
i have 3 ar's....Colt,Oly,RRA.     Trust me ,the colt is most reliable by far. Not saying i don't like my others,they are all fine rifles. But if my life depended on which rifle I picked up WTSHTF , it would be the Colt.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
First, I resent the label.  My experiences are my experiences.  I'm new to this sight.... guess I misunderstood the foundation for AR-15.com.  I wasn't aware it was dedicated to Bushmaster only.        

Uh...Verk buddy. Everybody's refering to the original poster, not you.

Welcome aboard. There is some Colt bashing that goes on. But those of us who own Colt's don't let it bother us too bad.

I've owned two Colt's. An SP1 I bought in 1979 and sold around '83-84. It ran 100% and never gave me any problems. In 1990 I bought a Match Sporter HBAR (blue label). It too is a 100% gun.

I don't care for Colt's attitude towards selling products to the private sector. But their products are top drawer stuff. Some say Colt has shitty customer service, but I figure it's because they don't have any experience at dealing with customers with crappy products.

Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#12]
i have 12 Colts i shoot regularly, not one malfunction in any of them...., untill i start changing uppers or insert a .22 LRRF conversion, one of my Colt lowers with a Bushy upper has a tendancy to double & tripple tap occasionally, i put the original Colt upper back on & she never does that..., both the upper & lower are original factory issue.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I have seen Bushmaster XM16's in the Marine Corps, I have seen Colt, FN and a few of the Canadian manufacture also. It does not make sense....... Any gun can malfunction due to many variables.............Dirt.... ammo....operator....If it malfunctions find out what is wrong and fix it. Anything can go wrong, The only thing 100%  sure is Death and the IRS.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have seen Bushmaster XM16's in the Marine Corps, I have seen Colt, FN and a few of the Canadian manufacture also. It does not make sense....... Any gun can malfunction due to many variables.............Dirt.... ammo....operator....If it malfunctions find out what is wrong and fix it. Anything can go wrong, The only thing 100%  sure is Death and the IRS.

During my time in the Marine Corps I never saw any make of M16 besides for Colt, I didn't know anyone else made them but Colt. It wasn't untill I got into the Army that I saw an FN M16. Didn't bushmaster only make about 800 rifles for the military, and weren't they only M4's? Like I say though, I am wrong A LOT......
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I had Three Colt rifles.

They sucked so badly you bought three? Operator error or complete BS.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I never had a problem with the Military Colts or my own.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I've trusted my Colt with my life during 3 combat deployments......never a problem.  If you like bushmaster buy it, and have fun at the one-way range.  When the range is two-way....Colt is KING!

Of course, just my opinion......well, professional opinion that is.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had Three Colt rifles.

They sucked so badly you bought three? Operator error or complete BS.

+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#19]
My Colt. Bushmaster and RRA AR-15's work flawlessly.  

If you have / had a Colt that doesn't work, you didn't care for it so it's your fault.  

Colt_SBR
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a full-auto Colt M16 and have only had two malfunctions, both caused by a weak buffer spring.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I never had trouble with my Colt. It was by far the most reliable AR I ever had.

Same here
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#23]
yet another Colt vs Bushy thread
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
yet another Colt vs Bushy thread

Yawn....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#25]
USGI M16s I've seen and fired:
Colt
H & R
GM Hydromatic
FN
Balimoy(sp?)
Have heard the Bushmaster story, but it was always second hand.
Maybe others in the inventory, but I've not seen or heard of them.
As for Colt reliability.........if it's servicable, clean and the operator does his part, it goes bang everytime. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
USGI M16s I've seen and fired:
Colt
H & R
GM Hydromatic
FN
Balimoy(sp?)
Have heard the Bushmaster story, but it was always second hand.
Maybe others in the inventory, but I've not seen or heard of them.
As for Colt reliability.........if it's servicable, clean and the operator does his part, it goes bang everytime. YMMV.

I have had 2 failure to fires on a Colt in 11 years of useing them. Both were due to sand. I have had zero from Bushmaster or RRA. Every Colt I have been issued has ran flawlessly besides for those two incidents (operator fault, toataly) I think that these brands can not be beat... I just happen to dislike Colts policies...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Same here ... never had a problem with my Colts.

Buddy of mine has a Bushy, he states after 3000+ rounds, no problems so far.

I remember when buba signed the AWB and Ruger backed them, suddenly Ruger sucks ... well, they pretty much sucked before then in my opinion.

When some people let their emotions get ahead of them, everything sucks except their attitude.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh...Verk buddy. Everybody's refering to the original poster, not you.

Welcome aboard. There is some Colt bashing that goes on. But those of us who own Colt's don't let it bother us too bad.

I've owned two Colt's. An SP1 I bought in 1979 and sold around '83-84. It ran 100% and never gave me any problems. In 1990 I bought a Match Sporter HBAR (blue label). It too is a 100% gun.

I don't care for Colt's attitude towards selling products to the private sector. But their products are top drawer stuff. Some say Colt has shitty customer service, but I figure it's because they don't have any experience at dealing with customers with crappy products.

Just my humble opinion.

+1

Verk,
         The  BS flags were thrown at the originator of this thread, not at you! Nothing wrong with Bushmaster, but I have twelve AR-platform firearms - seven of them are Colts. The obvious BS in the troll's post is what raised the ire of those who responded strongly. Nobody minds an honest opinion, but this assbags post apperars to be intended to start a shitstorm and not to contribute anything worthwhile to this forum.

Meanwhile, settle down and take the time to read the thread again. I think that it'll become clear to you on the second go-'round .
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Not even a good lame ass attempt at trolling......

+1

twogun I love Colt! Very good guns period. Are they overpriced? Yes at times.
Bushmaster good guns? Yes very!

Trolling here is noticed immediately.

Thank you for your wisdom.

Now go away.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Here is my feedback....
GAY   GAY   GAY   GAY

This topic is so old and so tired. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. Christ, it's like comparing small block chevy's from the 60's.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#31]

i've got colt, oly, and BM all work great as long as i do my part

the only trouble i've had with any was ammo related or fixing the last owners hotglue gun shit on the colt

brand doesn't matter as long as their built/ serviced right
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Colt rules the ar class
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I've owned a Colt SP1 carbine since 1978. XM177d and class three'd it in 1979.  After 15 years and several thousand rounds started getting FTEs.  Replaced the extractor spring w/a Wolff HD type, and it hasn't had a malf since.

Of the 5 ARs I've built up in the past five years, two have Colt top ends, and all have Colt bolts and carriers. On all the build ups, I've had exactly one failure to feed, and later discovered that the mag spring in the Thermold mag I was using was in backwards.

Bottom line.  Colt bulds good guns, and Bushie and Rock River make good parts for building your own.  If Colt wasn't so damned expensive these days, I'd have probably used their lowers for the build ups, but I don't love Colt THAT nuch

You're entitled to your opinion, but as I think you can see, you're not going to get a lot of agreement here.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#34]
+1  I've never had any problems or any kind with any of my Colt AR's  Even my 40 year old SP1 functions flawlessly
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#35]
This was not intended to be a Colt VS Buchmaster debate.  I spoke of my expiriences and those of my fellow co-workers.  I just wanted opinions, My thoughts on COLT are not etched in stone.  I will listen to others opinions, and maybe I will grab that Colt LEO M4 my Lieutenant is selling.

YES I am a Police Officer.   The profanities are not necessary, That shows immaturity.  I will not state were I work, But 5 of my fellow co-workers were shot since July 1, 2004.  One was shot with a TEC-9 a few days ago.

When I was shopping for an AR15, I wanted certain features, that Colt would not provide me.  Bushmaster filled my order with no questions asked.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
This was not intended to be a Colt VS Buchmaster debate.  I spoke of my expiriences and those of my fellow co-workers.  I just wanted opinions, My thoughts on COLT are not etched in stone.  I will listen to others opinions, and maybe I will grab that Colt LEO M4 my Lieutenant is selling.

That, coupled with your opening post, equals the most "Yes it is/No it isn't" argument I've seen one person present since I've been here.  You sold all your Colts, but you might buy another; you opened saying how Bushmaster beats Colt hands-down in reliability, accuracy, and customer relations, yet you don't want to start a debate on Colt vs. Bushmaster; the title of this thread is COLT "FOOOEEEE", but you say your thoughts on Colt are not etched in stone.  Way to take a stand!

IMO, you either have absolutely no strength of conviction or are a , either way your credibility (assuming you had any) is completely shot.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

YES I am a Police Officer.   The profanities are not necessary, That shows immaturity.  I will not state were I work, But 5 of my fellow co-workers were shot since July 1, 2004.  One was shot with a TEC-9 a few days ago.

When I was shopping for an AR15, I wanted certain features, that Colt would not provide me.  Bushmaster filled my order with no questions asked.

Well I'm sure you never called GunDealer3 who has a thread in the EE or SAW sales.  Between those two dealers you could have bought what ever you wanted

Here is Gundealer3' s thread in the EE for Colt model 6920's
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=221233
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Now see, people like this give people like me who hate Colt for a good reason a bad name.  

Never once did you hear me say the Colt weapons suck, only that Colt the company sucks.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top