Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 1:34:56 PM EDT

I have a RRA 16", chrome-lined M4 copy with detachable a2 sight handle.  I took it to the range today to play around at 100 yards.

I was using the old 62 grain .223 wolf ammo (red laquer).  The best I could do was to keep most of my groups within a 4-5" diameter circle at 100 yards.  Is this to be expected with this carbine / ammo combination?  I was a little bummed, but was hoping I could blame it on the crappy ammo and large front sight post.  how
Any ideas appreciated!

IBCGUY
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot the 62gr wolf and winchester 62gr and the wolf consistently is about twice the size of the winchester at most ranges.  So yes I would say this is normal group sizing.  Actually I have heard of people much worse groups than what your getting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info...

I will have to give some better ammo a try...I will go check out the ammo forum.  I take it the wolf isn't known for being very consistent eh?

IBCGUY
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
well first off.. you bought a carbine not a sniper rifle... so yeah... your hitting the target thats good...

improvements

1)  get these

2)  use better ammo... black hills 68gr match... or fed. gold metal 69gr.

3)  make sure your stable...  you should be able to hit a 300m target with your iron sights... if you can't do that you need to practice...

4)  look into optics if your really going to that good shot... acogs, mr/t's...   i use an aimpoint because i'm more worried about speed in my hits than if my group is a certian size...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top