Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2004 12:36:27 PM EDT
It's a 16" A2 with collapsible stock, plus three 30-rders with green follower, one with LEO stamp. Two mags used, the rifle and one mag NIB. Total: $836. Also got a Gapper (yes, I paid $3 for a chunk of rubber) and an A1 FH (I prefer A1). Sooo...

1. How the hell do I get this FH off and replace it with the A1?

2. Does the manual have the break-in procedure or do I need to get that off the web?

3. What is this tingly sensation I'm getting thinking about firing it tomorrow?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

HARD ----- ON
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#2]
1.righty tightey left loosey

2.Clean it and shoot it, screw the "Break in"

3. go and fire off a couple round for the hell of it
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
1.righty tightey left loosey

2.Clean it and shoot it, screw the "Break in"

3. go and fire off a couple round for the hell of it

1. Yeah, I know, but that ain't working. I've tried pliers, vise grips, and a 3/4" wrench. It's stuck but good.

2. Heard some bad things about doing that...

3. Can't. Range membership is expired, and my transportation is off at a beer fest.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
1.  factory specs are 25ft lbs and some serviceable lock tite, do not put that much pressure on teh receiver, use a bbl block.  just so long as it isn't a 14.5 with permanent attatched it will eventually break loose.  righty tighty, lefty loosey.

2.  clean and shoot

3.  lack of blood flow or disproportionate blood flow?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's a 16" A2 with collapsible stock, plus three 30-rders with green follower, one with LEO stamp. Two mags used, the rifle and one mag NIB. Total: $836. Also got a Gapper (yes, I paid $3 for a chunk of rubber) and an A1 FH (I prefer A1). Sooo...

1. How the hell do I get this FH off and replace it with the A1?
What TexR said

2. Does the manual have the break-in procedure or do I need to get that off the web?
Chrome lined?  I like to do a 30 bullet break in, clean barrel after each round... no rapid fire for a while, cleaning after reasonable usage.  Not chrome lined?  Full break in procedure for first hundred rounds

Yep, hard-on

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
1: Try shooting some penetrating oil into the threads from the back of the FH. Then let it soak overnight before applying torque. This has worked wonders for me on older guns.

2: Break in: Fill magazine. Insert magazine in rifle. Cycle action. Pull trigger until mag is empty. Repeat until ammo supply is exhausted. Smile.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I recelty took a FH off that was on way to tight.  Had to grab the barrel with a vice (in blocks) put a long 3/4 wrench on it and wacked it 5 times with a mallet... it broke free... a new one went on.

I have been told by most thats not the way to do it , but i am impatient and drink alot of coffee... so the hammer came out and the hider came off.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Went and fired it today... fun as hell! Low recoil, too! Only problem is with Wolf ammo: It smells like ammonia! Not just mine, either. A kind fellow at the range let me fire his AK (perhaps because I let him fire my AR), and it 1. was louder, 2. kicked harder, 3. smelled just as bad.

And I now know what people mean when they talk about the "sproing, sproing, sproing"
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top