Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2004 10:25:04 PM EDT
Alright I just bought a NO BAN Bushmaster XM15 E2S a couple weeks ago. The first time I took it out it had a FTF twice out of maybe 60 rounds. I took it out again today and it did the same thing with the FMJs but I also had some JHPs I wanted to get rid of and with those it had a FTF EVERY single round.

At first I thought that it may be the magazine because the FTFs with the FMJs only happened when the mag had 28-30 rounds in it and it seemed like it would kind of stick sometimes, but with the JHPs it jammed every round. I'm probably going to take it back to where I bought it, but do you guys have any similiar problems or have any advice? Thanks,

Chris
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a different mag and also make sure you lube the carrier rails and the bolt body.Also did you clean the rifle from its packing oil and relube before firing?I say clean good and re oil using a good mag and then see before bringing it back
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#3]
What mags are you using?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Definitely stop feeding it JHPs for a start!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What mags are you using?

Its the 30 round Bushmaster mag that came with it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Whats wrong with using JHPs? The only reason I used them is cause I wanted to get rid of them. I know that they would obviously be more likely to jam, but I dont think it should be jamming every single round.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats wrong with using JHPs? The only reason I used them is cause I wanted to get rid of them. I know that they would obviously be more likely to jam, but I dont think it should be jamming every single round.

You're only "shooting them to get rid of them".  You know they would "obviously" be more likely to jam.  They ARE jamming.

And you ask me what's wrong with using them?

BTW, get at least 2 more new magazines to be sure there isn't a problem with the one you got from Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#8]
^Well all HPs are more likely to jam than ball ammo, but it doesnt mean they should be jamming every round. If it was ONLY jamming with them then I wouldnt be concerned. The fact that it is jamming with both types of ammo is what I dont like.

I'll borrow one of my friends mags next time and see if that is the problem.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#9]
One more thing to do: unload the Bushmaster magazine, take a ruler and cycle the spring about a dozen or so times; this will seat the sides of the follower against the mag's walls and should take care of that "sticking" you noticed on those first couple of rounds.  You should do this with any new magazine.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Try a different mag and also make sure you lube the carrier rails and the bolt body.Also did you clean the rifle from its packing oil and relube before firing?I say clean good and re oil using a good mag and then see before bringing it back

Perhaps if he had M4 feedramps...

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well perhaps if he didn't have a BM :-)... nah... just get a better 30rd mag with a magpul follower and good brand new spring... that'll find your mag issue... if your still having jams... its the gun
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL!

You are ruthless.

Scott

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top