Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 6:54:22 PM EDT
Have any of you guys heard of read about this upper that our own Ohio Rapid Fire is working on right now?

Here are some pics from the AK side of the boards.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
is it just me or is that belt upside down?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
it feeds upside down, bolt carrier rides over the belt.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
it feeds upside down, bolt carrier rides over the belt.

Ah, never thought of that.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Duncan Long Talks about this type of upper in one of his books. I believe that Jonathan Arthur Ciener produced these. I think if you supplied the weapon it ran around $1500-1800 for the conversion.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Duncan Long Talks about this type of upper in one of his books. I believe that Jonathan Arthur Ciener produced these. I think if you supplied the weapon it ran around $1500-1800 for the conversion.

Yup .. full-auto.com has some pictures, but it's pretty much what has been posted in the thread on the AK board.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Rumor is,Ohio Rapid Fire will be making an upper based on the Ceiner unit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:15:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Rumor is,Ohio Rapid Fire will be making an upper based on the Ceiner unit.

Yep.

That is the Ciener upper that they bought for R&D.  As I see it, if they take their time perfecting it, it may be a worthy piece of equipment.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top