Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2004 12:51:16 PM EDT
Has anyone used the battlegips, the diamond checkered (i think) with no fingergrooves?
It also stores the AA  batteries.

My questoin is whether i should buy these even though i have no scope or flash light, but just want a new simple, but more ergonomic grip.
I have held some ergo grips and do not like them,, i want no fingergrooves,, i have pretty small hands adn they never seem to fit right.

If anyone has a suggestion on  another type of grip, please shoot it out here..
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my BattleGrips for the reasons you listed above.

The texturing is actually more similar to a USPs.

The grip feels great! and even if you don't need battery storage, you can alwats put spare pins, springs, extractor etc. in there

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i have pretty small hands adn they never seem to fit right.

I seem to have fairly small hands as well, and the Battlegrip fits me perfect.  I never realized how much I hated the A2 grip till I put on my Battlegrip.

--Josh
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I too have small hands and find the Tango Down to be far and away the most comfortable and trigger-press-stabilizing of all the grips I've tried. And I've tried a shit-load.

SD
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the answers all...i guess i will be goin with the Battlegrips...

one question, can you take the battery adapter (or whatever keeps the battereis in place inside the grip) out of the grip and have it more hollowed?
or
does it allow many cleaning tips to fit in where the AA;s would go, and not follow in and shake to bad??

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]
You could store a lot in there. I'd get it anyway, because it's so comfortable. If you want to do a photoshop analysis of the differences, you can use this:

Edit: I also wrote up a mini-review.. purposely NOT HOT to save bandwidth on my server:

http://top-quark.com/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/090204_BG.writeback
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Not_A_Llama - what kind of trigger guard is that?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not_A_Llama - what kind of trigger guard is that?

The new MagPul one I believe.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, it's a Magpul. I got it from Mike at Bowers Tactical.

I've only had it a couple hours, but from my playing with gloves, it's really nice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks all...i just ordered the grip from Bowers tactical..after getting the trigger guard too...

it will be great for this winter..i have some kick ass pilot gloves a buddy gave me...work perfect w/ the AR..

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top