BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 4:25:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:57:24 AM EDT
[#1]
3 round burst trigger/selector.  Oh wait.  You mean legal.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I would install a side charging handle, preferably on the left side so you could charge it with you're non firing hand.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Free float railed handguard and optics.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would install a side charging handle, preferably on the left side so you could charge it with you're non firing hand.

Medesha in AZ makes across the course target rifles with a side mounted bolt handle screwed directly into the right side of the carrier.  He cuts a slot in the upper for the handle to reciprocate in.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
How much do you pay for ideas? I've got a money maker and I've never seen it available before.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you were able to make design/build changes and upgrades to a basic out of the box, from the factory, ready to shoot AR15, what would those changes be???

1) Hammer Forged barrel (yes it will still need to be chrome lined).  Barrel would be 1:7 twist, with a lightweight profile.  Mid-length style would be interesting.

2) Comes with a Sully Stock
2a) Sully stock would have a trapdoor so we can store a bottle of CLP and a set up 123 batteries in the stock.

3) Rifle would come with the enhanced extractor spring/insert.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Medesha in AZ makes across the course target rifles with a side mounted bolt handle screwed directly into the right side of the carrier.  He cuts a slot in the upper for the handle to reciprocate in.

Interesting.  Probably makes left-handed shooters a lot less interested in borrowing your rifle with that bolt handle flying around on the right side of the upper receiver.  Kind of gives that AK-47 look to your AR-15.  You could take it one step further and get wood furniture.  *yuk*

Anyone have pictures of what this looks like?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#8]
i feel that everything that you may consider a 'not so good design' on the ar15 system... there is sometype of after market product that approches this issue...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you were able to make design/build changes and upgrades to a basic out of the box, from the factory, ready to shoot AR15, what would those changes be???

Stay Safe,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
www.thedefensiveedge.com  

At the risk of triggering flame attacks by those opposed to change, the most significant improvement I could see would be a gas piston kit.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#10]
The best improvement I could do to mine is to double my collection of them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Side charging handle , most definitely on the left , just to press check , but would probably end up using it as the main charging handle . I would create a fold out wire buttplate , just like the M249 so when a guy going thru a door with a 20" barrel because some prick senator from Mass didn't feel expense was needed for a short barrel for this guy , doesn't have to put the buttstock on top of his collarbone . A screw off delta ring (I think this would be impossible ??) so barrel replacement could be somewhat - less STRESSFUL !!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.  Probably makes left-handed shooters a lot less interested in borrowing your rifle with that bolt handle flying around on the right side of the upper receiver.  Kind of gives that AK-47 look to your AR-15.  You could take it one step further and get wood furniture.  *yuk*

Anyone have pictures of what this looks like?

They're pure target rifles.  The bolt handle is a simple rod at a 90deg. angle to the carrier with a hard plastic ball screwed onto the end, like a gearshift knob.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top