Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2004 9:02:00 PM EDT
Does the new HK operating system for the AR-15 still require the use of the buffer tube, or can rifles using that system be fitting with folding stocks a la OA93 or LR300s?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Bolt carrier has gotta go somewhere....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Not a flame, but do you know this for a fact? Or is it speculation. It could, afterall, have a short bolt carrier like an OA93.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure it uses the standard bolt/bolt carrier.  The spring on the oprod assembly is just to pull it back into position after firing (I think! )
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
No flame taken..

uses standard bolt assembly.  fact
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No flame taken..

uses standard bolt assembly.  fact

buffer and buffer spring as well (forgot to mention)
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
It would be nice to have a receiver that rarely needed cleaning, but how many people are going to buy a $1500 upper and drag it through the mud?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It would be nice to have a receiver that rarely needed cleaning, but how many people are going to buy a $1500 upper and drag it through the mud?

That's about $1200 of Berryman's brake cleaner...

Solution searching for a problem...

Unfortunately, between those who 'bought the line' about the AR gas system being a problem, and the folks who would by a bag of dogcrap if it had an HK logo on it, they will actually sell a few of these...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a flame, but do you know this for a fact? Or is it speculation. It could, afterall, have a short bolt carrier like an OA93.

It's been a while since I saw the pics, but what I remember had the same external dimensions on the carrier but without the vent holes on the side, a 'gas key' that was solid so it could stand up to being hit by the op rod, and a bolt carrier that was normla except that it didn't have the groove to hold the gas rings.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
ACutally, I'm not a big HK fan either, but I think ARs that fold are AWFULLY cool.   Just kind of a ricer thing I guess.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top