Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2004 8:30:08 PM EDT
Do I use a regular carbine buffer & spring with the M93A?
Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard buffer and spring, or standard spring and H buffer.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The magpul uses an H buffer and shorter spring. You can check them out at the links below. When I ordered mine from the EE it came with the new H buffer and spring

www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/buffers/

www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/pins.html
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
yes it uses a standard carbine spring and buffer... i used the lmt h-buffer for mine with an LMT spring...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:37:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Does The H buffer have an advantage over the standard carbine buffer?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:52:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yes, it's heavier
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought mine from BRAVO COMPANY and they include a FREE spring and H buffer. Paul also has to be one of the best people on earth to deal with, often answering my questions and chatting at MIDNIGHT. Awesome customer service!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]
H buffer lowers the full auto cyclic rate and reduces felt recoil.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes, it's heavier

Plus it weighs more .

Most semi's run fine with a standard.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah, i got mine from paul at bravo, and he was one of the best people i've done business with, since i started builing my AR. I love my m-93, the only thing i don't like is that when it's completely closed, the release kinda digs into my hand, but i just don't close it all the way.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes, it's heavier

Plus it weighs more .

Most semi's run fine with a standard.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this but It is a bit heavier....
And I think it weighs more.....

Has anyone else with a Magpul stock noticed that the threads fit very tightly in the Reciever?
I mean VERY Tightly! Like a Lock nut I just put one on my carbine and notice right away how tight it went on. Had to work on the threads a bit with a thread file to get it to thread all the way on.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I experienced the opposite.  The shims didn't quite add up so I could either leave some slop in the shims or be too damn tight.  Then when I placed the devices on the bottom the tube was too tight to let them get in place w/o distortion.  I would have allowed the slop if the threads had been tight, but there was wobble so it was a no-go for that tactic. (I have  BM lower)  I eventually had to sand the shim, and trim the tube.  All is well now, I just want the loop to come in real quick, I hate an incomplete gun!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#12]
My Bushy had issues with the install as well.  I chalk it up to it being a Bushy.  I had to dremel the receiver extension from the stock a bit to get everything to fit.  It's on now and I'm happy with it.  I also need to get one of those loops....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Ya, I'm happy so far, and I'll never have another rifle or shotgun w/o a loop, makes it too useful.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top