Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2004 7:54:45 PM EDT
I just got back from the range a few hours ago. It was the first time I took my AR with my Surefire G2 w/shock isolated bezel (from brightflashlights) to the range after dark....I must say, I was VERY surprised at the results. I always knew that little bugger had some power to it: but damn! It lit up my targets perfectly at the 50 yard line. I would have never thought something that small would be that effective. And it could take a beating too! I've also had the same batteries in it for a few months now, I can't imagine what it would be like with fresh ones...
Simply amazing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What mount you running?

Fresh or old batts... the lithiums run at pretty much 100%, then drop off almost instantly.... so new batts would probably yeild little difference.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What mount you running?

Fresh or old batts... the lithiums run at pretty much 100%, then drop off almost instantly.... so new batts would probably yeild little difference.

Just two Standard Scope rings...I think the plastic housing of the G2 would break before this mount fails... Interesting. I didn't know that about lithiums. I guess that would kinda suck in a combat situation: specially with most surefires only having a runtime of an hour
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What mount you running?

Just two Standard Scope rings...I think the plastic housing of the G2 would break before this mount fails... Interesting. I didn't know that about lithiums. I guess that would kinda suck in a combat situation: specially with most surefires only having a runtime of an hour

Yep.... and when they die, they DIE.  Thats why you always carry spares.  Just think, the bright lamp in there only runs 20 minutes.

Two rings?  Does it hold good?  I had a "first samco" light mount with a G2, and that sucked.  The mount wont hold the light good enough, and it slips out while firing extended lengths.  I switched to a 6P in a Knights mount I had laying around.  MUCH better.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What mount you running?

Yep.... and when they die, they DIE.  Thats why you always carry spares.  Just think, the bright lamp in there only runs 20 minutes.

Two rings?  Does it hold good?  I had a "first samco" light mount with a G2, and that sucked.  The mount wont hold the light good enough, and it slips out while firing extended lengths.  I switched to a 6P in a Knights mount I had laying around.  MUCH better.

Oh yeah, this mount is EXCELLENT. They were cheap $6 ones from wal-mart too! You don't need fancy scope rings for a flashlight....no zero to loose. These are made from thick aluminum, and I seriously mean it when I say the flashlight housing will break before this mount gives in....Actually, I started off with just one ring to secure the G2. That was solid enough, but just in case and mainly for aesthetics, I added the second one to the setup.

Here's a reallly crappy picture of mine. Sorry it's too late to be messing with my camera.

ETA: yeah, I got two spares in my TD foregrip and three in my G27 pistol grip...I have yet to use them
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The G2 really is an amazingly great value. I love the "cone" of light I get when I'm shooting in a dusty area.. Just incredibly bright. I haven't mounted a shockproof bezel, but it doesn't seem to matter; my light's survived several thousand rounds now, in addition to a lot of EDC duty.

The problem, as previously stated, is that the batteries die FAST. I was working on my car at midnight..  light went nearly instantly. I thought the bulb blew.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm another fan of the G2 as an entry level weapons light. I also have mine mounted with dual rings, I picked up a set of Weaver rings at Wally World for a little over $10.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Well if we are gonna post the pics now!

Surefire 6P ($52), isolated shock bezel ($20), KAC light mount (came with a trade), el cheapo tapeswitch ($25).

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well if we are gonna post the pics now!

Isn't that mandatory!

BTW......nice set up!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top