Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2004 12:00:03 PM EDT
I am thinking about building a "retro dissipator" if you will. Slab side upper and lower and a original 3 prong flash suppressor and a lightweight barrel.  I may wind up adding a few modern modifications. I would like to see some pics of what some of you may have done with yours.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody? This must be a rarely built configuration. Cool. headbang.gif
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
it has been done, and there are pics, i just dont have any.

I find that it is rather... goofy.  I think i'd find that the shape of the A1 handguards would be awkward on a carbine as one approaches the muzzle.

Anyone with better info?

- BG
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a pic of my Bushmaster Dissy. It has A-1 furniture, other than the grip, which is a Hogue. I'd like to put a flash suppressor on it one of these days.

The triangular handgaurds are actually very comfortable.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I Like!

Would be better with an A1 carry handle though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
one thing with the A1 handguards is that the edges of the "holes" are somewhat sharp, and can be uncomfortable, even cut your hand, I know mine did
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a build I've had on the back burner for way too long.  Almost complete.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I also enjoy the A1 handguards and the shorter A1 stock. My current set up is an 11.5 SBR with all the modern conviences. I would like an old school set up with the handiness of a carbine. Keep the pics coming guys!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is pic I found in the full auto section, then chopped. I was kind of thinking about using a flat top with one of the CNC Gunsmithing A1 detatchable handles. Gives me more options for optics down the road. Opinions?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/lt557/m162.jpg
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top