Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2004 6:41:47 AM EDT
I placed an order for a 16" Bushmaster M4 with A3 upper. It has the A2 flash hinder and LMT BUIS and 6 position stock. This is my first rifle, so I hope I chose well.

I also had a question for you all: If I wanted to add a lighting system do I have to change barrel or can you add the rails to the existing one?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You can remove the existing handguards and add railed handguards without changing the barrel.  Whether or not you need to REMOVE the barrel to install the rails depends on the type of rail system you choose.  Many of the 2-piece rails can just be swapped with the factory handguards.  The KAC M4 RAS, Surefire M73, and YHM 2-piece are some examples.

Oh yea, great choice on the carbine!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the YHM 2-piece or the Surefire M73.

Just think, you'll soon be wanting to change your username to HAVE1.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#3]
And then from have1 to want2 and so on, and so on...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#4]
great choice!

jeeze, you scored the 'money-shot' on the first AR!

congratulations, got1
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the Surefire M900 and the LaRue™  rails.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to all that have replied. I am hoping to have it in my hands by next Friday. The only thing that may delay shipment is the holiday. I can't wait!

With the single rail systems, do you have to drill holes in the existing handguard to mount? I looked at a few of the two piece rails systems and can't decide. I am hoping to make a decision before Friday, so that once the gun gets here I can install the rail system. I amordering the Eotech 512 as well just looking for the best price.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top