Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2004 5:14:09 AM EDT
I was trying to buy a NIB Colt 6920 but the wait is too long and I don't feel like paying over $1300 for whats available. I'm now thinking about getting a LMT M4. I have been reading some old posts that LMT is the best thing out there.  My question is how does it compare to a Colt? I've owned mostly Colt AR's and one POS ASA. I'm leaning towards getting the LMT but want to make sure  that its worth the money.  I appreciate any feed back. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:30:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Read some more posts......I've read that alot of people have had troubles with their LMT uppers jamming, FTF, Etc.  I'd go with a Bushmaster if you don't want to wait for a Colt.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:59:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Read some more posts......I've read that alot of people have had troubles with their LMT uppers jamming, FTF, Etc.  I'd go with a Bushmaster if you don't want to wait for a Colt.

mine is extremely nice, excelent fit and finish, and in the end the total to build it was  just over a bushmaster & cheeper than a colt, I've ran crap ammo, reloads, cheap wally winchester, and Q3131 without and hiccups, well 1 hiccup, but it was related to the Sanchez mag with a black follower I was using.  I bought the LMT standard carrier and bolt, the enhanced is over kill for some one like with my shooting habbits.

I have no problems reccomending LMT from my personal experience and will buy from them in the future.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both, sort of

I have the Colt LE6920- new

and a Bushy lower, with LMT M4 upper

the LMT works great, looks even better, and has a standard bolt and carrier.

It came without any hand guards from G&R Tactical (which wasn't G&R's shortcoming, it just is that way it comes from all those who carry it)

I put the Daniel Defense FF 7.0 on it and all in all couldn't be happier with it

how do they compare?
functionally.....basically the same
fit and finish...basically same, maybe edge to the LMT
'cool factor'.....LMT
collector factor.....Colt LE

take a look

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I would go for the Colt....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:24:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I am getting both. My 6920 is on order and I have my LMT lower already. The 6920 will be my safe queen and the LMT is a shooter.

Things to consider:
The Colt does not use mil-spec pins for the FCG. However, it is sold as a complete rifle and has a warranty.
The LMT is all mil-spec, but you have to build it.

I suggest:
Order the Colt from Gundealer3 in the EE. You don't pay until he ships.
Buy an LMT lower and make it a project. Take your time and build exactly what you want.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Great. This was the info I was looking for. Can't beat AR15.com for advice and help. Thanks guys
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top