Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 4:14:41 AM EDT
Has anyone here done business with AIM Surplus? I'm thinking about buying an AR and AK from them in the near future? Do they have an actual store front? I live about four hours away and might take a day trip to check them out and stock up instead of paying for shipping. Its always fun to drag the wife along gun shopping!

I also saw in another thread that they quote delivery time at 2-3 weeks. Anyone else heard this? I emailed them but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:32:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they do, give'm a call and ask!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:33:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Call them.  I've bought lots of ammo from them in the past.  A+ expreience.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Great guys.

My firm just bought 36 AKs from them to support OIF train-ups.  Super to work with.

I also saw their new Bushie notice.  Nice.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:00:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]

I've used them before, and believe that I was always satisfied.  P.S.  I saw those AK's - you think those are a good deal?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:14:32 AM EDT
[#6]
aimsurplus is the newegg of collectable guns and ammo!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:21:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know much about AK's but for $280 and factor in the availability of cheap ammo it could be a good "I wanna go to the range and kill a bunch of paper" gun. And if I don't like it I could unload it for $200 quickly and not lose much money.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought 3,000 rds of Portugese .308 from them last year to feed my DS Arms FAL.  Positive experience
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Aim is great to do business with
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:07:37 AM EDT
[#10]
AIM has always treated me right. I've bought a bunch of C&R stuff and ammo from them and always been satisfied.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:14:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Do they have an actual store front? I live about four hours away and might take a day trip to check them out and stock up instead of paying for shipping. Its always fun to drag the wife along gun shopping!

I have a C&R ffl, but I often make trips up there to pick up my purchases to save on shipping.  They have a closet-sized storefront, and they're more than happy to sell to non-FFLs there.  You might have to wait 20-30 minutes, since they're primarily phone-order, and you have to wait until someone is available to take care of you.  I believe there's a fee of $15 for processing the 4473 for you.  The nice part is that they'll let you inspect the gun before you buy it (more important when you're dealing with older milsurp guns).  They've always been friendly and helpful when I've dealt with them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Aim is a great store. I live about 15-20 min. away. If your looking to go there you will probably be dissappointed. (Not a flame) They let you into a MAYBE 6x6 room to view a few pistols in a case. You have to ask to see anything else you want. So you need to know what your shopping for.
Other than that they are great to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:16:04 AM EDT
[#13]
There have a "storefront."  It's a small room where you can talk to the salesmen  He will bring you the items you wish to see out of there wharehouse and you can inspect it there.

They charge $15.00 to fill out a NICS so it's a good idea to buy lots of guns at one time.  If you have an FFL on file, they don't charge the $15.00.

They're closed for an hour during lunch.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:20:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Their business address is Springboro, but the storefront is in Middletown at their warehouse.

Good people. Spent thousands with them. I live ony 20 minutes away.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Its fine if they have a small storefront. I would rather get to see one of their AK's before I buy them but don't care as much about the AR's but if I am already there I might as well pick everything up.  I can bring a list off of their web and be fine.  Also, their prices on AR's are $100 cheaper than anything near me so if I'm already headed that direction I can pick up some extra mags and ammo for the same price of only an AR from a local dealer.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:42:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I've bought mags from AIM Surplus and they shipped very fast, good service, would absolutely reccomend them.  Good folks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I bougth some M1 clips from them.  Positive experience
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top