Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 12:18:08 AM EDT
Anyway, the sport seems kind of rare around here, esp. with rifles. I was thinking of taking a 20" A2 Bushmaster and having it cut to 16" and the gas port opened. Install a muzzle brake (anyone know the dimensions of MSTNs brake) thats under 26mm/90mm and one of Olympics pneumatic buffers. Anyone have experience with JPs aluminum carriers? Oh yeah, carbon free float tube, trigger, ARFX stock and sights configured to my liking.

What do you think? Its pretty simple, wouldn't be to difficult to put together. I can probably pick a complete upper up at the show for under $400 now that everybody and his brother is switching to a no ban M4.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I would say if you dont get to shoot matches that often you should stick to what you shoot best with now.
Matches are won by skill not the rifle but a rifle that doesnt run 100% will lose you a match.
If you put a bone stock AR that runs 100% in the hands of a good three gunner he wouldnt be too far off his normal racegun times.
Im not saying you dont need good equipment I am saying you need a rifle that runs 100% of the time and your skill level need to be at the point you can use a hotrod rifle.

Good luck

Running and gunning is

Edited to add good link www.brianenos.com/pages/home.html

The have alot of good info on pistol and a whole section on 3 gun

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#3]
IM Zak-Smith.  He says he'll help you get going on three-gun.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top