Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 8:44:13 PM EDT
What  "Flash hider" should I, or can I put on my H-Bar?    

The  muzzle OD  is  .700"  

Also.., what thread pattern??  

Thanks in advance!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Not all FH's have the same threads although some of them will be the same. If you decide which you want, email or call the seller and they will be able to tell you. Then Take the FH and your rifle to the Gun Shop and have them put it on. The reason I say to have them do it is because it should be done with the tool that ensures that it's put on strait. I don't think you want to buy the alignment tool as well as a Tap & Die. Some of the sets are very expensive since they are not common threads. If you do it yourself, then you will probably want to find one that is a common thread so you are not paying well over a hundred bucks for the FH and the Tap & Die.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I imagine you're going to want to thread it to be able to take all standard AR15 flash suppressors.  That means you'll have to cut the end down to 1/2" diameter and thread 28 tpi (I think).  This would have to be done on a lathe.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:29:05 AM EDT
[#3]
All of the FH I have seen for the AR-15 are 1/2"x28TPI.
Even if you later want to put an AK FH on there are adapters to do so.
Have a 'smith do it on a lathe, this is next to impossible to do correctly with a die.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, have a smith do it, 1/2 x 28. Then get an A2, Vortex or Phantom to go with it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top