Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 8:41:18 PM EDT
The muzzlebrake is coming off with extreme prejudice.  I was thinking of A2 FS because it has a fully enclosed bottom.  Any drawbacks? I'm looking for the most noise reduction (compared to the ridiculously noisy Colt M4 brake).

Thanks,
bd
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
only supressors can reduce noise

muzzle brakes INCREASE the normal noise of the normal bbl, depending on ammo and length

A2 is the best b/w the 2 of the listed

i'd go w/ a phantom myself; its in the middle b/w the vortx and a2 on flash reducing
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:05:23 AM EDT
[#2]
The A2 Flash hider will have to be indexed so it is a little harder to install.  You will need peel or crush washer.  Whoever cuts off or removes the muzzle break and threads the barrel can do it.  The A1 is simple you just screw it on.  The A2 offers several upgrades including the bottom being closed so it will not kick up dust when prone and offer some muzzle rise control since the blast goes up and sideways but not down.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#3]

A2 is the best b/w the 2 of the listed

How do you figure that?  

I use both, the A1 is slightly more effective with FS, but the A2 is going to reduce dust signature when firing prone (but will still show).  Its a toss up for what you like better.

As posted above, the Phantom or Vortex are much better for reducing muzzle flash.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top