Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2004 8:19:10 PM EDT
I purchased my first AR, a Bushy HBAR with an A1 upper, in 1991.  It served me well, until I began three gun with it in 1996  or so.  It's the early Bushmaster when you could order a non chromed bore, and the gun was a 1 moa with good ball ammo from the bench.

About 1996 or so, I acquired a DPMS lower/Frankengun 16" upper carbine.  I wanted the collapsible stock, so the HBAR lower got used with the 16" upper, and the HBAR top end went into the safe.  Eventually I traded for a post ban upper for the DPMS, and bought a new Bushy SL A2 top end for my preban lower.  This worked for a while, until Lil Ops could handle an AR byhimself.  I added a pinned collapsible stock to the DPMS so it was short enough pull for him.

I bought a CMC Century lower from another member for a great price, and began to accumulate parts.  When the ban went by bye, I rebuilt the CAR for Lil Ops into the old XM177E2 config, complete with A1 upper with windage knob, and extended FS.  He lobes it, he is now Joe Commando.

I assembled my first lower and put the old HBAR top end on it, now with an A2 upper, hopefully for Lil Ops for DCM matches.  I took it for a test drive last week, and with ball ammo - under 2 MOA even with my mow old eyes.  I am right back where I began, with an HBAR, plinking frm the bench.  Even after a good 5k rounds, the old HB still runs like it always did.  

HBAR to  HBAR in 15 years.  Just some light night thoughts with the insomnia..  Ops  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top