Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 7:24:09 PM EDT
Well I'm finally going to do it. Been buying and building AK's now I need to get me an AR.
I've narrowed it down to a Rock River Arms, but everytime I log on to their web site I get sooo confused. I thought I had it figured out. They offer 12 different AR's . What is the difference in all of these rifles ? I know the Varmit is different but the Entry Tactical, Tactical CAR UTE ?Elite CAR, CAR, what 's the difference.? Help     Thank you
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Each of the fancy names is just different rifles with different options.  It might help to ignore the names and first figure out how you want your rifle configured - bbl length (20", 16", 16" m-4 style), type upper (A2, flat top, UTE - Rock River's elevated flat top with built in iron sights), and type buttstock (standard A2, Short entry, or collapsible).  There are a few other options too but those are the basics.  Once you decide what you want on your rifle, then compare their different models and see which one matches.

From their pics and description this is what I gather:

Entry Tactical - 16" M-4 type barrel, flat top upper

Tactical CAR UTE - 16"HBAR, elevated flat top with iron sight

Elite CAR - 16" HBAR, flat top upper

Elite CAR UTE - 16" HBAR w/ mid-length handguard, elevated flat top upper with iron sight

Elite CAR A4 - 16" HBAR w/ mid-length handguard, flat top upper

CAR A2 16" - 16" HBAR, choice of standard CAR  or mid-length handguards, A2 fixed carry handle upper

CAR A4 16" - 16" HBAR, choice of standard CAR  or mid-length handguards, flat top upper

Standard A2 - 20" HBAR, A2 fixed carry handle upper

Standard A4 - 20" HBAR, flat top upper

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Officer Low   Thanks alot for the info. This really helps. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top