BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 3:01:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I love seeing different set ups like this.

not to start a slam thread, but is that the BUIS in front of the Elcan? and anyone know who manufacturers the Canadian rigs?

overall looks functional, and a nice mid-sized option
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I can tell you the troops are not too happy with this half assed effort to upgrade the C7.  The welcome the telestock as the c7 stock is reportedly difficult to use wearing body armor and webbing as they are currently issued.

The troops have been pushing for a M4 type upgrade and think the triad rail and the green furniture are simply bandaids that make it appear the gov is upgrading the weapon that was first issued to many of the troops in 1989.  I don't know if you can argue with them as their current afgan ops are similar to the ops in iraq which cannot exactly be called conventional infantry ops.  If I was over there (an alot of my old buddies are) I would be more concerned about the POS vehicle (the iltis) that lots of them are driving around in.  The iltis doesn't even have real doors and has a soft cover over the back.  

This is more of the same for them.  Too little too late.  It always pisses me off when John Kerry criticizes the prez for not supplying troops with the right equiptment.  The US military infanteer is the best equipt soldier in the history of man and becomes more so every day.  Not that there isn't stuff they can use, want and need.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The rifles are supplied by Diemaco under contract from colt.

The BUIS is generally an afterthought on the C7.  Most are not issued one.  It is designed to fit into the butt of the rifle.  Of course in this config, there is no butt trap. The BUIS is a POS made of plastic.  However, the troops bitched about the lack of a viable back up.  The elcan wildcat had stupid little rubber nubs on the cover that were supposed to be the back up sights for CQB.  They are useless.

BTW this is a full length 20 inch barrel not a mid length.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting mods there...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
All they did was make it look pretty. Hell that's no upgrade to the gun its just an upgrade to the plastic ON the gun.

Stupid Canadian .Gov

This is the same government that once considered grounding all of its CF-18 Hornets to save money in the defense budget.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#7]
That's a lovely snake skin print sling. Does it match their shoes?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Love my country, but hate my government.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:21:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is a neat article by one of this site own on the proposed upgrades: Proposed C7A3 vs C7A2
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's a lovely snake skin print sling. Does it match their shoes?

No their uniforms.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top