Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 1:37:09 PM EDT
ok i just recieved my lightweight free float tube from brightflashlites and had a question about the lock ring.

i indexed the tube with the upper with a carry handle like how mongo did his and the only way i could get the slots to line up so that i could put it in a reciever block, was if the tube was backed off of the barrel nut which exposes about 8-10 threads with the lock ring tightened

i have searched for an answer and found pictures where the lock ring was all the way to the rear.

was wondering if this would be a problem? i have tightened the lock ring and the tube is very stable.

normally i wouldnt care but this time i do cause i have put a forearm front site on it and didnt want the front site to walk off on me.

btw my setup with the ff tube is a bushmaster superlight barrel threaded by NFA_INVESTMENTS, yhm rifle length ff tube and yhm front and rear buis. all upper reciever parts including bolt goup and ch came from rb precision. and a pri latch from adco.

thanks for any help that anyone can offer

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top