Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 8:11:00 PM EDT
I replaced my Recoil spring and Extractor springs in my M4gry SBR and Dissery rifles tonight, Used Wolf xtra power springs.
Does anyone have the specs on "new" recoil springs for Carbine and Rifle length recoil systems?
My old spring from my M4 was 10 3/8" and the new spring was 11 7/8"
The Rifle length spring was 12 5/8" used and 13 1/2" new

Just curious to how "Wore out" my old stuff was.
Also on the wolf Extractor springs are they to be used with the stock rubber insert? mine was blue if that matters. The Xtra power Extractor spring did not come with a insert.
.Thanks, ..Udog
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Also on the wolf Extractor springs are they to be used with the stock rubber insert? mine was blue if that matters. The Xtra power Extractor spring did not come with a insert.
.Thanks, ..Udog

Use the blue ones.  Everyone asks that question, and the answer is always the same.  The color of the insert only denoted the strength of the spring.  

The "legendary" black inserts only denoted the stiffer carbine spring.  The blue inserts denoted the rifle springs.  This was a good idea because it prevented errors during the assembly of the AR, like someone putting a rifle power extractor spring in a carbine and vice versa.

Just use your blue one with the Wolff Extra Power Extractor Spring.  I did.  And I have had ZERO problems so far.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks...Udog
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks, Any input on the Buffer spring questions?...Udog

From the -23 manual available for download in the information area:

Rifle Spring: Minimum, 11 3/4 inches. Maximum, 13 1/2 inches

Carbine Spring: Min, 10 1/16 inches. Max, 11 1/4 inches

HTH.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top