Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2004 2:56:46 PM EDT
How do I make it look decent? Right now it has my CLP hand smudges all over it, and no amount of cleaning will get it off the matte gray/black surface.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Folks, please take the time to help the Newbies please !!!!

BTT.

Also, the answer is to wipe the entire buttstock with CLP.  Let it soak over night.  Next day, lightly wipe off the excess CLP from the stock with a black tee shirt or black sock.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Folks, please take the time to help the Newbies please !!!!

BTT.

Also, the answer is to wipe the entire buttstock with CLP.  Let it soak over night.  Next day, lightly wipe off the excess CLP from the stock with a black tee shirt or black sock.

+1  

Wipe it with CLP
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Next day, lightly wipe off the excess CLP from the stock with a black tee shirt or black sock.

why with black teeshirt or sock?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#4]
It won't leave contrasting white fuzzies.  I used patches on mine but it's just going to be a range / camping gun.  I guess others worry about visibility and details more.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
You nancies make sure to get a manicure after all that hard gunsmithing.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks G35!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top