Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2004 7:01:01 AM EDT
I still can`t decide exactly what I want to do. Part of me wants a new upper and 6 position telestock. But I know with a complete upper and complete backend I would just end up buying a lower receiver.

So I was thinking of removing the Permanent AK-74 brake from a 14.5 inch HB and replacing it with a F/S of the same length.

Two questions now

1. I think that the F/S will still have to be made permanent right?
2. What F/S is about two and a half to three inches long? And who has it?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:21:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep it has to be permenant if it is the 14.5" which it probably is.  Then the phantom brake say form YHM will work.
Paige
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
As mentioned above, yes the new flash supressor will have to be permanently attached. You can use either the Phantontom or Vortex seems to be the most popular choices although Kurt offers an A1/A2 look-a-like flash supressor that meets the minimum legal length.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I can get a Phantom F/S from Bushmaster right?

Where can I get a Vortex?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I still can`t decide exactly what I want to do. Part of me wants a new upper and 6 position telestock. But I know with a complete upper and complete backend I would just end up buying a lower receiver.

So I was thinking of removing the Permanent AK-74 brake from a 14.5 inch HB and replacing it with a F/S of the same length.

Two questions now

1. I think that the F/S will still have to be made permanent right?
2. What F/S is about two and a half to three inches long? And who has it?

The problem with permanently attaching the '74 brake is that the expansion chamber needs to be cleaned, which is impossible if you can't detach it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I can get a Phantom F/S from Bushmaster right?

You could get it from Bushmaster, but you'd be paying out the yin-yang for shipping charges. Also, I believe Bushmaster only carries the closed-end phantoms and not the ones with the jagged ends.

If you want the 5C2, Denny's has them for $23.97 + $1.00 shipping. BrightFlashlights has good prices on the YHM-28 and 5C2 as well. I have dealt with Denny a few times and he is a great dealer to use. Never bought from BrightFlashlights, but he seems to have a very good reputation on the board.

Where can I get a Vortex?

If you have a dealer discount, Brownells has the cheapest price. Otherwise go with Grant at G&R Tactical.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#6]
see my thread about removing the ak brake, get the phantom
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#7]
avengeusa do you have a link to your thread? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I removed my ak muzbrake from my bushy and want to put the phantom fh on it perm, have to! I measured my barrel inside with a dowel ,bolt face to muzzle, barrel only, and i came up with 16/5/16ths so is this accurate or how do you measure the barrel?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I removed my ak muzbrake from my bushy and want to put the phantom fh on it perm, have to! I measured my barrel inside with a dowel ,bolt face to muzzle, barrel only, and i came up with 16/5/16ths so is this accurate or how do you measure the barrel?  

From the bolt face.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#10]
so do i need a fh on a barrel 16/5/16ths long? permanent? threaded? Can the guy doing the barrel thread tell me for sure ,if he is credible?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top