Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 7:46:16 PM EDT
hey guys, one more....

anybody have experience with autoburst triggers?

i think they are known as hellfire or something, and have heard that they work pretty well.

i know they are mostly a  gimmick, but if they are capable of shooting full auto rates, one would probably tie me over while i wait for the real deal
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

i know they are mostly a  gimmick,

Hit that one on the head... Dont waste your $....Buy more ammo
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The reason they call them hellfire is that once installed, and the first time to the range, you will be saying "Hellfire, I can't be believe I bought this peice of crap!" The smell of kettle corn, money burning a hole your pocket, and those great videos on how the device works get SOME of the people everytime-resist. Buy extra ammo, mags, or a LULA.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#3]
forget about this hell fire of whatever shit it is.  Bump fire!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
You know, I had one that I put on a tec 22, and that sucker would empty the mag in about 2 seconds, worked really great, then the tec 22 extractor/ejector wore out, it was made of polymer and part of the frame, and Tec wanted as much to fix it as the gun cost so I junked it.

But on anything other than that, garbage, you can bump fire as quickly, and waste the ammo all the faster.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:34:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one of the original "Hellfires" on my old 10/22. It was (in my opinion) a neat design. What it ended up being is a second trigger in front of the real one. The gun would then fire when you pushed the "Hellfire" trigger forward then again when you squeezed the stock trigger back.

EXCELLENT FOR 3-ROUND BURSTS! LOL!

I have never seen another Hellfire setup on anything but the 10/22, but I can tell you, that thing was fun and reliable. Maybe it didn't cycle as fast as bump firing, but it would fire just as fast as you could wiggle your finger back and forth. I've seen something advertised in Natchez catalog called a Auto fire or something like that, but that thing doesn't look at all like what the Hellfire did. I looked at the pic of this new trigger thingy, and can't figure out for the life of me how it's supposed to work.

Save your money!!!! An AR15 is too good a gun to be wearing out with bogus auto fire devices. For the 10/22 it's fine, but not a rifle you care about.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For the 10/22 it's fine, but not a rifle you care about.

Are you implying that the 10/22 isn't a rifle to be cared about??

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top