Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2004 6:51:40 PM EDT
I need the low-down on the ASA flip up rear sight.  I have one being offered in trade, but I won't see what the consensus is here.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the GG&G knock off from ASA.  Workmanship is poor.  You can see tool marks, discolorations, etc.  The replacements aren't any better, because I think they're mass produced by some factory in PRC and just thrown into a big box.  They don't lock into place either like GG&G.  ASA granted me store credit after I made a fuss.  Problem is, I've been afraid of getting anything from them unless maybe if they get in a shipment of Labelle mags.  

Spend an extra $30 dollars for a GG&G and rest easy that you've got a company with no hassle customer service.      
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen it and handled it, it seems substandard when compared to other models out there.  If I owned one, I would try to trade it off as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Its a piece of shit and it rubbed the finish off my upper. I wouldn't hit it with my worst enemies dick.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
ASA gave me a lemon piece of junk rifle.  Then, they put me through 2 months of hell fixin' it.  They suck.  I tell everyone not to give them money...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:06:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:47:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I see a pattern developing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I was in their store looking at one and the guy told me it was made here in the US probably by the same guys who make GG&G's.  I didn't beleive him and decided to get the GG&G.  What a difference.  Those two could not have come out of the same place.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top